Tommy.Stein96

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hallo guys I'm Thomas, I'm new to the community. I have a question regarding alcohol.

I would love to know more about vegan spirits and alcoholic beverages. What types of alcohol is 100% vegan? I we read online that the most common non-vegan ingredients in alcohol are isinglass, made from the dried swim bladders of fish, gelatine, made from boiled bones, flesh and ligaments, casein, derived from milk, and albumin from egg whites.

Can someone enlighten me more about this topic, id love to hear from you guys? Also, any and all recommendations for Vegan Alcoholic beverages are welcome.

Thanx in advance

Hi Tommy.

It seems this forum is not full of big drinkers. (too bad :laughing:)

I too read some articles that it is very common for beers and alcoholic drinks to have animal products in them, or be filtered through filters made from animal products, and not list this as ingredients or on the bottle (or can).

It is so easy to simply google more info on this. Example:

Luckily, it seems that lots of alcoholic beverages are traditionally vegan without even thinking about it. Guiness became vegan only shortly after I did. :)

Reactions: Lou
Well I'm having my favorite, Guinness Draught, which like most Guinness (not all) is vegan
I couldn't find the 'what you drinking' thread 🤔 :laughing:

I drink wine and on some occasions shandy. I also enjoy tequila and gin from time to time when I'm invited to friends. It's usually wine and beer
that may contain animal ingredients. Some brands will label their wine as vegan and others you simply have to contact the brand to obtain the information which is annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15