Vegan minecraft server

S_K_Y_E

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
IDK if this is the right place for this post. But, i know that there is at least some of a demand for vegan minecraft servers so here it goes.

So, I've been playing minecraft for a while. Much longer than i've been vegan. I know some people like me, can get a little uncomfortable with the violent and eploitative nature of the game when it comes to animals. This is why i have created a Server called VeganCraft.

I have installed a plugin allowing players to craft just about everything with vegan alternatives! while meat eaters are allowed and killing animals is possible, much like real life, it's your choice! you can leave a peaceful life playing mostly vanilla minecraft without the need to harm animals.

Also, for any parents out there! this is a good option for your kids if you don't want them exposed to as much violence in video games. I also cultivate a positive environment, inappropriate language is not tolerated so it is safe for even the youngest gamers.

Plugin adds:
Vegan wool
Vegan Cake
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Vegan Milk
Vegan taming of ocelots
Vegan leather armor!
Vegan Feathers
Vegan books
and much much more!

Feel free to join and have a great time!

IP: Vegan.mcnetwork.me

Last edited:
I have made a vegan-based group on Planet Minecraft, a leading platform for Minecraft content!
Whoever is interested, join it! Discover fellow Minecraft players! I made the group six months ago, and I am still the only members. 😅
To be fair, I put no effort into marketing.

How can people make an effective enchanting table without books (which require leather), or bookshelves on a vegan server?

It seems like there would have to be mods made specifically to circumvent the need for leather.

How can people make an effective enchanting table without books (which require leather), or bookshelves on a vegan server?

It seems like there would have to be mods made specifically to circumvent the need for leather.
Well, you could play without making such items.
Or, the server or world could install data-packs.
It is something that is only server-side, and players would not need to install that.

But yes, there are also mods that resolve this. There is one for 1.19.1, that allows players to craft books out of only paper, without leather.
But for multiplayer, to simplify things, data-packs or plugins would work best. Recipe customization is possible even with command blocks.
I have tried it in earlier versions of the game, though that was many years ago.

Reactions: beancounter