Vegan in Europe

VFT

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I want to take my family (6yo and 8yo) to Europe during the summer of 2020.

We’ve never visited before and plan to stay for about 2 weeks. Any suggests on where to stay, for how long, and vegan friendly countries?

I was thinking of visiting UK- England, Ireland, Scotland, but am open to any suggestions!

Thanks!

LoCo

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I live in the UK. Northern England. Most restaurants here have vegan options, and I live in rural farm country! If you head to London there are LOADS of veggie and vegan restaurants, and pretty much every place will have a vegan option.

I was recently in Copenhagen, Denmark, and found that there were plenty of vegan options there too. I think it's possibly a capital city thing. This weekend I'm driving up to Edinburgh in Scotland, so I will feed back how I get on there!

• 👍
Reactions: Andy_T

veganDreama

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I'm from Birmingham, UK. Their is a vegan buffet in Birmingham. Their are lots of options in London too. I agree that cities will probably provide more vegan options although I've not been outside the UK since going vegan.

• 👍
Reactions: Andy_T and Emma JC

LoCo

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Can confirm, plenty of vegan options in Edinburgh too. :) I think on the whole, the UK is pretty accommodating. Most chain restaurants have a couple of vegan options, and bigger independent places are pretty good too. For quick lunches, places like Pret A Manger have a good selection, even McDonald's in the UK has a Veggie wrap that is vegan, and they have a vegan happy meal for kids. Greggs, do a vegan sausage roll, which is like a savory pastry pie thing. I really don't think you'll struggle.

If in doubt, download the happy cow app, that's helped me out when I've been stuck!

• 👍
Reactions: Andy_T and Emma JC
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Transitioning 20
Lou General 9
Sean.Hepburn General 2
Lou Food & Drink 3
shyvas Other Countries 0