Vegan Cookbooks

Just got the new Oh She Glows Everyday by Angela Liddon. Both of her books have great recipes. Will be giving it to Vegan friends at Christmas!

Just got the new Oh She Glows Everyday by Angela Liddon. Both of her books have great recipes. Will be giving it to Vegan friends at Christmas!

Good to know.

I've got that on my Christmas list ideas for other people. :) thought it might be nice for my dad's girlfriend who is newly vegetarian interesting in going vegan.

Reactions: PTree15
I didn't know about the Wild About Greens cookbook so thank you Nightshade for the info on that one. I'm ordering it.

I know I'm strange like this, but I avoided the Oh She Glows book because I don't like the name. I don't consider myself glow-y. I had heard good things about it. I wandered to B&N today and looked at vegan cookbooks. I'm ordering that one too if I like the name or not! :)

Reactions: Veggietorials
I use a number of recipes from my old, slightly battered Table For Two - Meat and Dairy Free Recipes for Two by Joanne Stepaniak.
Lots of basic things, some slightly odd in their taking a standard & adding what one would (instant mashed potatoes being one) but some things I have made time & time again ... 'Grandmother's Pepper and Tomatoes' is wonderful ... bell peppers, onion, garlic roasted with olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar then mixed with chopped tomato, salt & pepper. Ace as a hot side dish, a wonderful addition served cold. Can be used to mix with pasta, top baked potatoes or used to dress up polenta slices.

Just received a copy of 'Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give A F**k' ... has some good looking recipes ... may make the Lemony Red Lentil Soup later ... I like lentil soups! and we are having dull, grey winter days here ...

Last edited:
Love The Kind Diet, because it allows for an easy transition to veganism:
I also like The Happy Herbivore Cookbook:
51ekOgFgGYL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Veganomicon looks interesting and I can get it on my Kindle/PC but are the recipes made with very easily found items? I live on the Costa del Sol in the winter and if it's not meat or fish, they haven't got it (slight exaggeration). In the summer I'm in the UK on a canal somewhere and it's much easier to get stuff there. I'm also looking at some of the other books. I have lots of vegetarian books and do like Rose Elliot too.

I like Vegan With a Vengeance. Some of my fave recipes are the pumpkin muffins, basic seitan, BBQ pomegranate sauce, and the udon noodles with peanut sauce. Isa knows how to make great sauce!

I also like Caribbean Vegan. I haven't cooked much from it, but the homemade Jamaican jerk sauce and the vegan sausage recipes make the book well worth buying. Oh, and her version of split pea soup is also delicious.

Chef Skye Michael Conroy- Seitan and Beyond

I've made seitan a bit of a hobby trying different methods and ingredients every couple of weeks. I thought I had it down- then came across his recipe in a free pdf - and realized following directions was better then my winging it!
If you love seitan, this will take it to another level. He's got some other recipes for steaks, sausages, balls, and loaves and others for incorporating them.

Here's the pdf download-https://thegentlechef.com/vegan-holiday-recipes-roasts-sides-desserts/

^^ I ended up making the veggie burgers from that book, and the texture is better than any other veg burger I've made.

Chef Skye Michael Conroy- Seitan and Beyond

I've made seitan a bit of a hobby trying different methods and ingredients every couple of weeks. I thought I had it down- then came across his recipe in a free pdf - and realized following directions was better then my winging it!
If you love seitan, this will take it to another level. He's got some other recipes for steaks, sausages, balls, and loaves and others for incorporating them.

Here's the pdf download-https://thegentlechef.com/vegan-holiday-recipes-roasts-sides-desserts/
I tried one of these and loved it! I am seitan-fan!

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I recently got back from LA and stopped by this vegan Thai restaurant. I came across this book whilst waiting inside which looked interesting but didn't get to look at it properly. It was called Vegan 100 Everyday Recipes by Love Food Editors Parragon Books.

I stumbled upon this book on Amazon and thought that it would prove to be useful for anyone who either wants to become
a vegan and/or has basic cooking skills.
You can get it for as little as $1.70 on the US based Amazon site. It is slightly more expensive on the UK one.

https://theflexitarian.co.uk/2013/07/the-complete-guide-to-vegan-food-substitutions/:)

''I have been experimenting with vegan cooking which I first I found a bit daunting. After a few kitchen disasters, I discovered “The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions”, a fun and informative book for vegans, aspiring vegans or anyone trying to cut down on animal products.

“The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions” is written by Celine Steen (
Have Cake, Will Travel) and Joni Marie Newman (Just The Food) who have also written “500 Vegan Recipes” and “Hearty Vegan Meals For Vegan Appetites”.

This is such a useful resource as you can simply look at non-vegan ingredients you would like to substitute.They are over 200 vegan substitutions for dairy, eggs, meat, gluten, soy, sugar, fat and animal by-products. “The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions” also includes a host of recipes using these substitutions. Even though it is an american book measurements are both in cups and metrics''

I buyed a book recently over 100 plant based recipes. I have to admit i am not 100 percent vegan, rather plant based.