Vegan Cookbooks

Just went on a Vegan cookbook buying binge the last few months and need to be stopped! :laughing:

There are two I love and will recommend to all Vegans, and non - Vegans , because her stuff is so good:

1) Urban Vegan and 2) Celebrate Vegan by Denise Balcavage.

Very flavorful and creative. Fave is her baked spicy marinade tofu steak recipe.

Anything by Katy Beskow due to time saving and not many ingredients so it saves money as well. Two are:

3) Five Ingredient Vegan. - Love the spicy orange marmalade tofu for various things. (and the re-intoduction to orange marmalade! Woohoo!). and
4) Vegan Roasting Pan - fast and tasty and not much clean up. A trick I found is if you try to do the mixing on the baking sheet it saves a bowl so less dishwashing.

5) Vegan Africa by Marie Kacouchia - great spiced and roasted Cauliflower with a spicy peanut butter dipping sauce. The sauce IMO would be great for many other veggies and dishes.

6) Greatest Little Bean cookbook by Tom Chasuk - Found this from an estate sale years ago ,never heard of the author, and the book is great. Beans are the main focus, obv, and it's got everything from breakfast to dessert. It's not a vegan book but it can be Vegan-ized. Love this because it focuses on a Vegan protein, beans, and the recipes are simple. It's a gem in my Vegan cooking arsenal.

7.) The World's Healthiest Foods (2nd Edition) by George Mateljan. - It lists veggies and explains the best way to cook each one to retain vitamins and minerals. There are recipes included too. It's a hefty book in that it's phonebook size. I don't have a recipe from this one yet because I use it more for reference. Need to sit down and study it one of these days.

Just went on a Vegan cookbook buying binge the last few months and need to be stopped! :laughing:

There are two I love and will recommend to all Vegans, and non - Vegans , because her stuff is so good:

1) Urban Vegan and 2) Celebrate Vegan by Denise Balcavage.

Very flavorful and creative. Fave is her baked spicy marinade tofu steak recipe.

Anything by Katy Beskow due to time saving and not many ingredients so it saves money as well. Two are:

3) Five Ingredient Vegan. - Love the spicy orange marmalade tofu for various things. (and the re-intoduction to orange marmalade! Woohoo!). and
4) Vegan Roasting Pan - fast and tasty and not much clean up. A trick I found is if you try to do the mixing on the baking sheet it saves a bowl so less dishwashing.

5) Vegan Africa by Marie Kacouchia - great spiced and roasted Cauliflower with a spicy peanut butter dipping sauce. The sauce IMO would be great for many other veggies and dishes.

6) Greatest Little Bean cookbook by Tom Chasuk - Found this from an estate sale years ago ,never heard of the author, and the book is great. Beans are the main focus, obv, and it's got everything from breakfast to dessert. It's not a vegan book but it can be Vegan-ized. Love this because it focuses on a Vegan protein, beans, and the recipes are simple. It's a gem in my Vegan cooking arsenal.

7.) The World's Healthiest Foods (2nd Edition) by George Mateljan. - It lists veggies and explains the best way to cook each one to retain vitamins and minerals. There are recipes included too. It's a hefty book in that it's phonebook size. I don't have a recipe from this one yet because I use it more for reference. Need to sit down and study it one of these days.
Just got #5 & 7 from library. Also ordered my favorite reg dietician, Julieanna Hevers book The Healthspan Solution

Reactions: PTree15