Vegan Camping Food

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Instead of going backpacking on our upcoming educational field trip we are staying at one modernized campground with a lovely swimming hole. So I'm not worried about food weight.

Also a fellow student agreed to rent a camp stove with me just to boil water for breakfasts. Dinners are provided by the collaborative group and they have agreed to provide totally vegan for me since I got my request form right away.

I decided to bring extra snacks just in case their idea of a vegan dinner is plain vegetables over rice with a lettuce salad every night.

BREAKFAST

2 types of granola - strawberry vanilla and maple pecan for variety

Powdered coconut milk

Vanilla vegan protein powder

I mix this with hot water, and its excellent I discovered it on a backpack trip last fall.

Coffee or tea

LUNCH

Flour tortillas filled with almond butter and dried cranberries

Tomato juice (the single serving cans were cheaper than V8 and said non GMO)

SNACKS/SIDES

Dried mango
1 Primal vegan jerky per day
1 Luna or Clif bars per day

I think this is good enough though I've considered bringing fresh tiny tangerines (Cuties) or sunflower seeds but I don't want to go crazy overboard.

Reactions: Emma JC
our go-to camping meal is potatoes and tofurky kielbasa fried over the fire :yum

We aren't allowed to have fires for lunch and dinner is provided by the restoration group. We can only use small camp stoves for breakfast. That's a good summer meal though.

I know a lot of vegan camping stuff I see is for people going car camping in places that don't have fire restrictions. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I usually go wilderness backpacking or with some kind of recreational or environmental group.

I'm amazed that I can even bring the weight of small tomato juice cans. On one campground for five whole days!