UK Veg*n Restaurants-Reviews & Recommendations

If you like pizza and you're in the Birmingham area, I can highly recommend Mr Singhs All Vegetarian Pizza takeaway and cafe.

Branches in Handsworth Wood and West Bromwich. They cater for vegans as well, with vegan cheese (if you look at the menu, the 'V' symbols stand for vegan).

They even have veggie chicken, sausage and pepperoni on their menu and as well as pizza they have burgers and wraps. Lots of choice!

Fantastic prices as well :)

http://mrsinghspizza.co.uk/food

Fiancé and I went to an amazing vegetarian restaurant last night. It's called Greens and it's in Didsbury, Manchester. There was a good selection of vegan food on the menu (down side, none of it was labelled as vegan, but the staff knew exactly what was suitable), and everything was so incredibly delicious that I kind of don't want to eat anything else ever. I had:
vegan deep fried black pudding (shared with fiancé because we were both curious)
deep fried oyster mushrooms with pancakes, hoi sin sauce, cucumber, and spring onion
beet bourguignon with lentils
banana fritter with maple syrup and cinnamon sugar

It was a little on the pricy side, but well worth it :) their website is http://www.greensdidsbury.co.uk

Reactions: angie54321
There's a new Indian vegetarian restaurant in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham thats getting decent reviews on Yelp (I've linked to the Yelp page because their website doesn't mention their new restaurant, only their original one in the Sparkhill area.)

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/deepalis-resturant-birmingham

Haven't been there yet, but I will :)

And another one in Wychbold, Droitwich (between Worcester or Bromsgrove) - again, I haven't tried it, but some people I know have been and said it was excellent:

http://www.mendiveg.com/#!mains/cqxr

Vbites in Brighton. lovely food! It was busy and we were lucky to get a table but I had a massive burger - was £7 however I ate it at 2pm and havent needed to eat dinner as I'm still full haha. It sold junk food tbh but sometimes its nice to just eat a fake burger. A lot of online reviews seem to say the staff were rude, but they seemed fine to me. They apologised for the delay in us getting food when we had only waited about 10mins!

The blue moon cafe in Sheffield.

It's a serve yourself cafe open throughout the day (until 8pm). Delicious vegan cake, which is quite rare. Really tasty, hearty meals for £6.25 for a big portion (usually with a choice of rice or several salads, or both), usually 2/3 of the main options are vegan. Also pastries, fore mentioned cake (£2.45 a slice), soup, drinks, loose leaf tea, vegan wine and beer.

It has a very informal feel and a really nice setting. It's right in the centre (next to the cathedral), but it's not well sign-posted outside so it's not even really clear it's a cafe. Spot on for lunch/dinner whilst shopping. Would recommend :)

Reactions: AeryFairy
Plant based Italian goodness Purezza in Brighton. the food was amazing. I had the "Giardino" pizza which involves hummus and olives and it also had an artichoke flower in the middle of it! I even took a picture and instagrammed it. I got the STUFFED CRUST and the cheese was actually decent! It was mild and melty rather than strong which is my usual experience of vegan cheese. behind is my boyfriend's pizza. he's a meativore and enjoyed it.

(Feel free to stalk me on Instagram ha)

Reactions: Second Summer
^:lick: Looks gorgeous. I've had vegan takeaway pizza in Brighton (Pizzaface) but that looks wonderful.

I haven't been out to a veg restaurant in ages but I saw that a veggie pizza restaurant has a branch quite close to where I live. They have quite a few vegan options. I must go and donate blood this year (as it has been ages since I did that too!) and I might buy myself a pizza as a reward/bribe.:D

Mr. Singhs Pizza | All Vegetarian Pizza

Yeees.:up:

Plant based Italian goodness Purezza in Brighton. the food was amazing. I had the "Giardino" pizza which involves hummus and olives and it also had an artichoke flower in the middle of it! I even took a picture and instagrammed it. I got the STUFFED CRUST and the cheese was actually decent! It was mild and melty rather than strong which is my usual experience of vegan cheese. behind is my boyfriend's pizza. he's a meativore and enjoyed it.

(Feel free to stalk me on Instagram ha)

I'm going to try this restaurant whilst I'm in Brighton. It is 5 minutes from the B&B and I really like the sound of the menu.

I can't believe the choice of veg*n cafés and restaurants compared to where I live. I feel that I'm going to be on another planet.

I'm going to try this restaurant whilst I'm in Brighton. It is 5 minutes from the B&B and I really like the sound of the menu.

I can't believe the choice of veg*n cafés and restaurants compared to where I live. I feel that I'm going to be on another planet.

I visited the two most fabulous veg*n restaurants during my stay in Brighton ; Iydea and Purezza. I will do a short review later on. I'm still in awe that there are so many delicious veg*an places in just one town.

I finally tried something from Vegan Sweet Tooth which I see all over facebook. I got a nutella brownie which looked AMAZING. However, it was overcooked and like eating a sponge. I ate the sauce then gave it to a seagull :( I'm sure it was a one off, just really disappointed and needed to moan about it

^I didn't even go to Mr Singhs pizza yet! :D

I tried to go to Mooshies vegan burger place in Brick Lane (London) the other week, but it was closed on a Monday. I luckily did find a vegan cafe nearby called Vegan Yes. I bought some vegan nutella and a chocolate mousse.:)