UK Veg*n Restaurants-Reviews & Recommendations

We went to Mad Cucumber in Bournemouth last night. It's pretty good - I would recommend it if you're visiting Bournemouth and not so keen on vegan 'fast food'. (There are a couple of other vegan restaurants for that.)

Missus Summer had vegan enchiladas, little miss Summer had a tofu, rice and satay sauce dish (she didn't like the rice nor the satay sauce ... :rolleyes:), and I panicked and chose a boring chili and sweet potato dish. Fortunately, the other two didn't eat up all their food, so I got to try a bit of both :) The enchiladas were very nice.

I had a vanilla cheese cake with a dash of raspberry for dessert.

We just visited The Gate in London, and I had a fancy beet burger on a pretzel bun and then tiramisu for dessert.
IMG_20190517_171744522.jpg IMG_20190517_175949680_HDR.jpg
Very fancy, though I wasn't entirely happy to find that the burger and bun had a few burnt bits. Oh well, I picked that off as best as I could. Also, burger on a pretzel bun is a bit weird. The tiramisu was pretty good, I had no reservations with that, so tucked in.

Missis Summer had enchiladas with guac and mashed black and pinto beans, and tiramisu for dessert. Little miss Summer had mac'n cheese, and chocolate snowball for dessert, which is chocolate mousse inside a shell of chocolate with chocolate sauce :) I got to sample some of their food as well, and I can confirm it was all very good.

We went to Mad Cucumber in Bournemouth last night. It's pretty good - I would recommend it if you're visiting Bournemouth and not so keen on vegan 'fast food'. (There are a couple of other vegan restaurants for that.)

I visited Mad Cucumber last year, sometime mid-afternoon when I spent a couple of days in Bournemouth. I'll have to second your recommendation. I liked the ambience of the place as well as the food.

Reactions: Val
I visited Mad Cucumber last year, sometime mid-afternoon when I spent a couple of days in Bournemouth. I'll have to second your recommendation. I liked the ambience of the place as well as the food.
Agreed, it feels like a nice place to be. Usually not too busy, a couple of sofas, board games, paintings on the walls (IIRC), with a good selection of honest and mostly unmistakeably vegan food, not too junky/fake.

Reactions: Val
I'm going out near to The Gate tonight, but I stupidly didn't book a table beforehand. I think there is a Honest Burger near there too and they do the Beyond burger. Might see if I can get a table there if I'm hungry after the gig...

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and Val
I'm going out near to The Gate tonight, but I stupidly didn't book a table beforehand. I think there is a Honest Burger near there too and they do the Beyond burger. Might see if I can get a table there if I'm hungry after the gig...

How was your dining experience at The Gate ? I have their recipe book and it contains mainly vegetarian recipes.🥑🥗🥕🥝

Have you ever tried Mildrid's near St Pancras International ? 👧

How was your dining experience at The Gate ? I have their recipe book and it contains mainly vegetarian recipes.🥑🥗🥕🥝

Have you ever tried Mildrid's near St Pancras International ? 👧

I didn't go to The Gate in the end as I wasn't feeling that hungry.

I used to work in Kings Cross, but I haven't tried that one, I've been in the Mildred's in Soho lots of times. I love it there.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I didn't go to The Gate in the end as I wasn't feeling that hungry.

I used to work in Kings Cross, but I haven't tried that one, I've been in the Mildred's in Soho lots of times. I love it there.

Their menu does look very good. I nearly went there when I was going from Marylebone to SP but changed my mind. I preferred to catch
an earlier train back to Brighton. ;)

Scully-vegan-menu.jpg

Finding a fine-dining restaurant that offers an extensive vegan menu may seem challenging, but we’ve got good news for you.

Located in the heart of London, Scully offers a fusion of diverse flavours taking inspiration from countries worldwide.

Head Chef and Owner Ramael Scully launched Scully in 2018 as his first solo venture after working as Head Chef at Ottolenghi’s legendary restaurant, Nopi.

Born in Malaysia, Scully takes inspiration from his Chinese, Malay, Indian and Irish heritage. His experimental cooking techniques and thirst for dynamic and authentic flavour have put Scully on the map.

Earlier this year, Chef Scully and the team launched their first 8-course vegan tasting menu, priced at £90 per person.