UK Veg*n Restaurants-Reviews & Recommendations

There is a Purezza in Camden (London) now!

I tried The Diner and it has a separate vegan menu. Vegan mac and cheeze.

I tried to go to Mooshies vegan burger place in Brick Lane (London) the other week, but it was closed on a Monday.

I have tried this place a few times now and it has copies of the Big Mac and other burgers! Amazing. The cafe is a bit cramped though.

I remember when I had been vegan a few years and it seemed like I had tried most of the vegan restaurants in London and now it seems like that there are so many that I won't be able to visit them all.

It's a nice problem to have!

Reactions: shyvas
I thought of some other places I have tried!:p

Voodoo Ray's Boxpark (Shoreditch) has really delicious vegan pizza.

I had nice food in Wetherspoon's too as they have a few vegan options now, including gluten free. I can't remember what I ate now but it was good food for a high street pub.

I also liked the vegan pizza at Pizza Express and I went to a health food shop called As Nature Intended and they have a really great range, including vegan make up and the Tofurky sandwiches.

There is a new cafe and new pub near me and they both have vegan options. I remember when I went vegan 12 years ago that there were usually only three options for vegans if you were eating out, chips (fries) a salad (usually without dressing) or a jacket potato with baked beans. Things have changed so much in such a short time!

I've got tickets for something in London in a couple of weeks and I'm going to go to Whole Foods and then try another new (to me) place to eat.:)

I went to El Piano in York. It was amazing. all vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free but doesn't taste like it! My only regret is I had no room to try the tiramisu!

Anyone been to Vantra close to Picadilly Circus? How’s the food there?

I've only been there once about 10 (?) years ago. It's a nice cafe and they have very healthy food, like salads and some raw dishes.

Reactions: Mikkel
^ I wasn't even going to bother to respond, but I hate it when you reply to someone and they don't even thank you.

Ooh, they do a vegan afternoon tea there.

I'm going to go there this summer to look around the area and I will try this place.:)

I've been reading a lot about several sea side towns in Essex. Apparently property will gain value within the next few years due to the high standard of living and the attractive location.

I've been reading a lot about several sea side towns in Essex. Apparently property will gain value within the next few years due to the high standard of living and the attractive location.

Yes, people are being pushed out of London because of the house prices. You can get more space by the coast too. The C2C train line from Southend has been voted one of the best train lines into London too.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Yes, people are being pushed out of London because of the house prices. You can get more space by the coast too. The C2C train line from Southend has been voted one of the best train lines into London too.

I didn't realise that they were building a high speed train to Southend.

I used to live in Essex when I was a youngster. We would always go to the seaside during the Summer months.

Reactions: Val
I just went into Subway to get a veggie sub on a whim as I didn't eat breakfast and found out they have just launched a new vegan sub yesterday. I haven't been in there in ages! It was delicious. They have a garlic mayo to go with it.

Vegan Sub And Salad Launch At Subway Across The UK Today

There is a Purezza in Camden (London) now!

Purezza was amazing. Best pizza ever.

The people sitting next to us had an oreo pizza for dessert.:D

I just went into Subway to get a veggie sub on a whim as I didn't eat breakfast and found out they have just launched a new vegan sub yesterday. I haven't been in there in ages! It was delicious. They have a garlic mayo to go with it.

Vegan Sub And Salad Launch At Subway Across The UK Today

Purezza was amazing. Best pizza ever.

The people sitting next to us had an oreo pizza for dessert.:D
I'm excited to try that subway as have only heard good things.:drool:

Hah, I had the vegan subway 'sub' for my dinner last night! Mrs Summer got it for us. I thought it was pretty good. It seemed like very white bread, though. I would have preferred something with more fibre and seeds.

For anyone that will be trying - I believe only 2 types of the bread are vegan - Italian and hearty Italian if I remember correctly? Also not all of the sauces are vegan.

I haven't been to Subway in years and I didn't normally get any sauce, but the server pointed out the garlic one was the special vegan sauce so I got it. It was really nice and very filling. I haven't eaten anything else today yet.

It's going to be my go-to vegan food if I'm out in my local area as the Boots store is rubbish. I've been in there three times lately and only found vegan sandwiches once!

I sometimes get a vegan pasty from Holland & Barrett but they didn't have any of them today either.