Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This recall makes a good argument for buying plant milks from companies that only supply plants milks and don't have dairy nearby.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/03/health/hood-vanilla-almond-milk-recall-fda/index.html

Got milk? Vanilla Almond Breeze might, prompting recall

HP Hood LLC has recalled some half-gallon cartons of refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk because they may contain milk, an allergen not listed on the label, the US Food and Drug Administration said Friday. A single reported allergic reaction did not require medical treatment or hospitalization.

The product is safe to consume unless you have a milk allergy or sensitivity, the Massachusetts-based company noted in a statement. However, those who do have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume the beverage...... READ the REST ONLINE.

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Almond breeze actually has trace amount of dairy in it. I found this out when I was breast feeding my son. It is not vegan. I contacted the company and they told me. I stopped buying it years ago.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
That's weird. It was on sale at the co op last week but I opted for oat and hemp milks instead. I'm glad I didn't go for the sale.