News US Republican candidates 2016 discussion

Trump is unstoppable! Trump! Trump! Trump!
Since mid-July Donald Trump has been leading in the national polls, except for a moment early last month when he was effectively tied with Ben Carson. His numbers have moved up and down a bit but have stayed between 22 and 30 percent since early August.

He led in polls in Iowa from August to late October, when he was overtaken by Carson, and by late November, despite calling Iowa voters stupid, he was leading there again.
More: The State of Play in the Republican Race | RealClearPolitics

Interestingly, the article says Trump voters are disproportionately non-college graduates and have modest incomes, which is not typically the case for Republican nominees.

Trump is unstoppable! Trump! Trump! Trump!

More: The State of Play in the Republican Race | RealClearPolitics

Interestingly, the article says Trump voters are disproportionately non-college graduates and have modest incomes, which is not typically the case for Republican nominees.

I would disagree with their assessment. I'd say Trump has the support of some of the most typical GOP voters. I call it the Jesus vote, and the I'm so scared I'm pissing myself vote. Poor, religious and under-educated people vote against their own best interests all the time. Take the recent governor election in Kentucky for example. The people that got the new Republican governor elected were largely Eastern Kentucky voters, one of the most poverty stricken areas in the entire country. Those people literally voted away their medicare (this guy will undo the medicare expansion), because by golly Matt Bevin is a fine Christian man that stands with Kim Davis and ain't havin' none them refugees!

Nah. He's pandering mainly to Republican voters, who are overwhelmingly white and Christian and conservative and would rather not see Muslims settle anywhere in the US, much less move into their own neighborhoods. They like "tough talk" about Muslims from their politicians because they need validation of their xenophobia.

Nah. He's pandering mainly to Republican voters, who are overwhelmingly white and Christian and conservative and would rather not see Muslims settle anywhere in the US, much less move into their own neighborhoods. They like "tough talk" about Muslims from their politicians because they need validation of their xenophobia.

Pretty much... Pulling an FDR will make him look STRONG... Nevermind what the silly Constitution says :D

He has done a good job of monopolising the debate as I haven't really paid attention to any of the other candidates.:D

12347874_1013738115329781_7425817734396859613_n.png

I can't help but think that Trump will lose once the field is trimmed down more. I can't imagine the supporters of most of the other whachos will support this particular whacko.

Some other reasons why he will lose here, basically saying Trump's campaign is all about winning, so if he loses Iowa, which is a distinct possibility, then he's done for:
Donald Trump is About to Get Fired - Opportunity Lives

Reactions: ledboots
I think when the real candidate will emerge, he or she will look quite reasonable next to Trump so maybe that was the tactic all along.:D

Reactions: ledboots
I think when the real candidate will emerge, he or she will look quite reasonable next to Trump so maybe that was the tactic all along.:D

Kind of doubtful. None of these candidates are reasonable except for maybe Bush and Christie... And well... Look at their numbers. The Grand Old Tea Party doesn't want reasonable I'm afraid.

They actually just discussed Donald Trump in Prime Minister's Questions as there is a petition asking for him to be banned from the UK.

Reactions: Amy SF