Animal Advocacy (US) Don’t Let Congress Eliminate State Animal Protection Laws: Speak Out Against the King Amendment

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Don’t Let Congress Eliminate State Animal Protection Laws: Speak Out Against the King Amendment

Use the following link to send a message to your elected representative urging him or her to remove the King amendment from the federal Farm Bill. If passed, the amendment would nullify the few state laws in existence that protect farmed animals around the country.

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50370/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=11178

I started searching the internet for the specific text of the King amendment and can't find it. If someone else finds it, please post it here. Thanks.

One other thing: After you fill out your personal info and hit submit, you will be asked for your prefix. That means your area code.

I've called and emailed. King is a worthless, pathetic excuse for a politician - even when compared to the plethora of *** clowns we now have in congress. This is nothing more than political pandering to farmers.

Well, it turns out that the entire Farm Bill was defeated in the House yesterday. In the end, it was food stamps that killed it. Apparently the idea of denying food stamps to hungry and needy kids caused the congressmembers who voted against it to cry. Apparently the defeat of the Farm Bill caused John Boehner to cry. But what doesn't make him cry? :p

However, they did pass two amendments, making it harder for food stamp applicants to get food stamps. Washington cynicism and hatred for the poor is still alive and well. :rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/u...-farm-bill-with-big-food-stamp-cuts.html?_r=0

Reactions: Dedalus
I am happy about the farm bill but saddened about the food stamp bills, i knew for a few years ago nor so that starting next year they are cutting people , Its becoming worse and worse each year.