Urban decay owned by L'Oreal

Well ****.

This is the push I needed to switch to Lush mascara, I guess. When my current tube of Lush Lash runs out, I'll be switching. Figures that I'd just found my perfect foundation with them, too. Oh well, my current bottle will probably last me a good long while, and maybe I'll just stop using foundation after that.

I was looking forward to their lipstick re-launch, as UD Rush is my favorite lipstick evar, but maybe Lush or Tarte or someone has a close dupe.

How depressing :(

TBH I cant afford their stuff anyway. I buy local brands.

So they decided not to sell in China because of the risk of loosing loyal Vegan customers....sell out to parent company who tests...:fp:

So they decided not to sell in China because of the risk of loosing loyal Vegan customers....sell out to parent company who tests...:fp:

:fp: Doesn't make much sense does it?

Although it wont affect whether I buy them or not, I don't have a problem with it. I think I've said my views on parent companies a million times so I wont bore you all again!

I have some UD stuff that a friend gave me, but I dont use it that often as Im not a huge makeup wearing type gal. I wont buy any more stuff from them for the fact its too pricey for me anyway...The parent company thing does bother me and if I was a big UD fan I would boycott because I boycott bodyshop too. This is because I can get cosmetics elsewhere, however the whole Unilever/Swedish Glace thing is different IMHO because I cant find dairyfree icecream anywhere else or any other brand...its complicated isnt it lol.

:rolleyes: So annoying. I don't buy UD too much as it is expensive but they are quality products.

Im just sick of all these parent companies owning everything. I dont think that the entire world and its companies should be owned by a small elite of large companies, I am all for the little person having a business. Especially if the large company does so much animal testing.

:fp: Doesn't make much sense does it?
Sadly, it does make lots of sense. They were only in it for the money, they've already shown that they don't care about the cruelty aspect. This way they made up some of the money they would have made in China without the headache of people complaining.

Sadly, it does make lots of sense. They were only in it for the money, they've already shown that they don't care about the cruelty aspect. This way they made up some of the money they would have made in China without the headache of people complaining.

That is the policy of all the big companies in today's market.:mad:

:confused: Does that make sense? If they're going to be bought out anyway I would presume they wouldn't be worried by people complaining and would look more attractive as a brand selling in china to get a better price to be bought out for.... presumably L'oreal and UD were already discussing it when the complaints started about China these things don't happen overnight so I wonder if L'oreal wanted them to pull out to stop them getting bad press before they took over. I'm not sure, I don't know much about business to be fair.

:confused: Does that make sense? If they're going to be bought out anyway I would presume they wouldn't be worried by people complaining and would look more attractive as a brand selling in china to get a better price to be bought out for.... presumably L'oreal and UD were already discussing it when the complaints started about China these things don't happen overnight so I wonder if L'oreal wanted them to pull out to stop them getting bad press before they took over. I'm not sure, I don't know much about business to be fair.

Bad publicity and thousands of customers telling them off and not buying from them, especially if they were already in talks about an acquisition, would make UD look bad and possibly lower the selling price.

They had to smooth things over and regain customer goodwill to keep the price high, and keep themselves looking like an attractive company to purchase.

Suddenly losing a big chunk of revenue, while planning on costs related to moving into China, could have killed the deal altogether.