Treating Common Ailment with Plant-Based Foods

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Normally I either ignore or close one eye when being exposed to this kind of article. But I really like the recipes this website promotes. The recipes look yummy. Even if the science is sketchy (and I'm not saying it is), you probably would feel better after eating one of these meals.

And I don't even have to promote the health benefits of these recipes since I'm just posting in the recipe section. (As opposed to the Health Section.)

I usually don't post recipes unless I've actually tried them. Is that a forum rule or just something most of us adhere to? So full disclosure: I haven't tried ANY of these recipes YET. I will try to make a few of them later this month and post some updates. And of course, if anyone else beats me to it please let us know how it was.

Last edited:
mmmm the pictures are beautiful and the recipes look amazing

Let us know if/when you try them.

Emma JC

Some tasty looking recipes there. I did have to laugh at some of the ailment suggestions though- if I have heartburn I’m not taking the time to bake banana bread in the hopes of curing it!

@Mbeth

I get heartburn a lot. I was planning on making that recipe first. Then freezing the banana bread and heating it up as required.

However, I am really disappointed with the OneGreenPlanet site. They must have recently gone thru some kind of "revamping". Now the site has so many ads, popups, videos, etc. it is really hard to read and navigate.

Now the site has so many ads, popups, videos, etc. it is really hard to read and navigate.

I'm sure you're already aware of solutions for that...ublock origin and noscript work for well for me.

@Mbeth

I get heartburn a lot. I was planning on making that recipe first. Then freezing the banana bread and heating it up as required.

However, I am really disappointed with the OneGreenPlanet site. They must have recently gone thru some kind of "revamping". Now the site has so many ads, popups, videos, etc. it is really hard to read and navigate.
That’s a good point. I don’t get heartburn often, but when I do it’s horrible- and I have eaten banana to help relieve it.

I'm sure you're already aware of solutions for that...ublock origin and noscript work for well for me.
Well, no.
I don't know what either of those things are. I usually just use Safari as my browser but I do have Google Chrome installed. And I've installed an ad blocker in Chrome. And when I tried that site in Chrome it was very well behaved.
So thanks.