Top ten narcissistic reason for being vegan.

Hog

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I read an article that listed the top ten narcissistic reasons for breastfeeding. Could you guys/gals come up with a few narcissistic reasons to become vegan?

If I had a top ten list, it would allow me to make fun of myself as a vegan. I absolutely love jokes that make fun of vegans. I guess I like vegan jokes because they are frequently based on false assumptions about going vegan.

Being vegan can help you stay young and fabulous-looking, which is a must for any budding narcissist!

As a vegan you do tend to get a lot of attention at any event involving food - you don't even have to make an effort!

You can also draw a lot of attention to yourself by attending animal-rights protests, and being vegan will help when you apply for your AR membership card.

There is also lots of vegan and AR themed clothing that are perfect for drawing attention.

So going vegan is an excellent choice for everyone, including narcissists!

1) You can become a raw vegan, or obsess over whole foods, so lose weight, and start a YouTube channel showing off your new body and start fat shaming other people.

2) Two years, six months and three days later, you can seek more attention on YouTube about why you're not vegan anymore, blaming veganism, and not your self imposed starvation or orthorexia, and get millions of likes and positive comments from meat eaters.

3) Make sure you let everyone in your life know that you're better than them for being vegan. Also, let other vegans know you're a better vegan than they are.

4) Become a vegan guru or philosopher, attacking every other vegan individual and animal rights group you know, manipulating your followers and fans to believe that you and only you know the correct way to be vegan.

5) Brag incessantly on Facebook and Instagram about how many animals you've saved. Make sure to downplay anyone elses role in the rescue.

6) Wear vegan clothes that cost eleventy trillion dollars, you know like leather made from pineapples and from celebrity vegan designers. Purchase a new vegan Tesla and make sure everyone knows about your exclusive vegan purchases, that they can't afford, perpetuating the myth that veganism is elitist, expensive and mostly for white people.

7) Sue Burger King for preparing your Impossible Whopper on the same grill as other burgers, even though you chose to eat at a cheap corporate fast food establishment that under pays its over worked employees.

8) Instead of giving your loved ones birthday or other holiday gifts, sponsor animals in their name. On every birthday and holiday for the next ten years and if they begin to look disappointed after the eighth time you do this, chastize and shame them publicly for their selfishness. Especially make sure to do your partner and children so they know exactly how little you care about their wants,needs or feelings.

9) Start an animal rights non-profit and use half of the donations to buy yourself vacations and luxury items. No one will know. For a few years.

10) Start a national campaign to emphasize the rights of vegans as people, instead of animal rights. Make sure to point out how oppressed you are, not the animals. Emphasize health and personal purity and individual rights while you do this, drawing lots of attention to yourself while making sure to confirm the public bias about annoying entitled vegans instead of enlightening them about animal abuses. If you lose, appeal up to the supreme court. Make sure to compare vegan humans to refugees and slaves to offend as many people as possible.

But what if you're an introvert? Probably the #1 reason why being vegan is good for introverts - people will stop inviting you to their parties b/c of your "bizarre" food restrictions ;)

Haha good point! :)

Introverts can be Narcissistic. Being Narcissistic does not always mean seeking attention except in certain forms, like Somatic and Overt Narcissism. People who have NPD are selfish, manipulative, grandiose, delusional and have low empathy. #8 on my list could be Covert Narcissism, more common in introverts who seem "nice" on the surface.

Reactions: Hog
Haha good point! :)

Introverts can be Narcissistic. Being Narcissistic does not always mean seeking attention except in certain forms, like Somatic and Overt Narcissism. People who have NPD are selfish, manipulative, grandiose, delusional and have low empathy. #8 on my list could be Covert Narcissism, more common in introverts who seem "nice" on the surface.
Very true. I suppose two really different things. 😉

I read an article that listed the top ten narcissistic reasons for breastfeeding. Could you guys/gals come up with a few narcissistic reasons to become vegan?

If I had a top ten list, it would allow me to make fun of myself as a vegan. I absolutely love jokes that make fun of vegans. I guess I like vegan jokes because they are frequently based on false assumptions about going vegan.

In general, I don't think narcissism and being vegan go hand in hand. That is to say, there are of course some narcissists who may go vegan, but not necessarily to feed their narcissistic desires, and others who may go vegan for "narcissistic" reasons (as the term is commonly understood), like for reasons of attention or vanity. However, I think these latter people are short term vegans. If longer term, and they are surrounded by other vegans, then their ego must re-invent the word to better distinguish themselves. I don't think that short or long term vegans are motivated by narcissism to *be* vegan, if so, then only insofar as it feeds it. When they can't get the attention or the airs (whatever they are), then it's likely to stop or become diminished (in other words, they are likely to either stop being vegan or to some degree).

That being said, there some who may *use* veganism to better express their narcissism. If you haven't heard of him, I believe NorVegan eloquently and definitively defined one in his expose videos about a cyclist in Australia that loved Durian fruit, who basically became the leader/dictator of a vegan cult and preyed on the people in it.

Also, doing something good for yourself (often called "selfish") is not, nor does not define narcissistic behavior. Quitting smoking is good for yourself, and no one would call this narcissistic. So is eating a whole food vegan diet. Imagine a smoker telling a recently quit x-smoker they were being "narcissistic" for quitting with the assumption they were only doing it to one up themselves against others or brag. That, in my view, would reveal more of the person making the accusation than the accusation itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dougrus
For breastfeeding?! Okay, um, well, if you're intentionally doing it in public without a cover or anything like that, then I'd say it's for attention and not to souly just feed your kid. (An opinion. Please don't attack me. I'm sorry. I'm not a mother. I don't know. Maybe babies reject covers, but I doubt it if they need covers to sleep and stay warm). As for veganism, there are definitely people that use the title for attention and not to souly just help the planet. There's this one youtuber who always posts videos of herself in leggings that say "vegan booty' and intentionally shows off her body where there's graphic designs that say "vegan" anywhere. She talked about how ugly people should die and comparing ugly humans to ugly animals and that if people are killing certain animals because they're ugly, then she wants certain humans to die. She legitimately has nothing else to offer this world except her body and the fact that she's vegan. She has no personality whatsoever, no talents, no degree because she dropped out of college (not hating on that. I wish I had dropped out too, and maybe I'd have money for a place) and she gets hate on the daily for trash talking one of the biggest youtubers. I Don't wanna say her name. I did talk to her once, and she genuinely is a b**** that doesn't care about anyone but herself. She doesn't even have friends lol. I think she has a boyfriend, but anyone can get a trash boyfriend if they twerk enough times in leggings which is exactly what she did to get him since she has no personality to win a decent significant other. Lol. I feel like I'm hating on her. And I totally am. She's not good for the vegan image.

They do. All the time. Breastfeeding is about feeding your baby. Period. People need to get over seeing breasts used for what nature designed them for. I say this not to attack anyone, just as a matter of fact.
Then how come my old next door neighbor growing up used covers? Her baby was okay with it. I don't know. I really don't. People wouldn't make special baby feeding blankets if they knew they wouldn't work. All I know is public indecency laws are still in place in some places. Also, don't speak for all babies, because you don't know all babies. And um, it's called freedom of speech. If you don't like what someone says, just ignore them. I don't know. Omg I'm so sorry, like, um....I feel bad lol.

Also, I feel like we're getting off topic. The thread is about narcissistic veganism.

Last edited:
Then how come my old next door neighbor growing up used covers? Her baby was okay with it. I don't know. I really don't. People wouldn't make special baby feeding blankets if they knew they wouldn't work. All I know is public indecency laws are still in place in some places. Don't speak for all babies, because you don't know all babies.
I breastfed two both for around a year. One loved being under a blanket and the other fought as if their life was being threatened. I managed to breastfeed both while remaining discreet. As you said, all babies are different. I also agree with @TofuRobot that breastfeeding is about providing nourishment to a child as the body intended rather than nudity, sexual fetish or individual opinions regarding nudity.

Did I whip my boob out in the middle of Olive Garden? No. If someone else did? I'd be grateful they were shutting up their crying baby so I could enjoy my soup. As for the remaining indecency laws maybe they're good in theory, but I'll respect them as fair and just when they're amended to require men to cover their nipples. To stay on point, perhaps the (highly likely) male writers of those indecency laws were narcissists seeking attention by parading their nipples in public.

I breastfed two both for around a year. One loved being under a blanket and the other fought as if their life was being threatened. I managed to breastfeed both while remaining discreet. As you said, all babies are different. I also agree with @TofuRobot that breastfeeding is about providing nourishment to a child as the body intended rather than nudity, sexual fetish or individual opinions regarding nudity.

Did I whip my boob out in the middle of Olive Garden? No. If someone else did? I'd be grateful they were shutting up their crying baby so I could enjoy my soup. As for the remaining indecency laws maybe they're good in theory, but I'll respect them as fair and just when they're amended to require men to cover their nipples. To stay on point, perhaps the (highly likely) male writers of those indecency laws were narcissists seeking attention by parading their nipples in public.
This was the comment we needed where it wasn't so one sided. Thank you. I'm so sorry. Did you ever figure out why the other baby liked the cover so much? Did they like hide and seek or something, or did they close their eyes so that they couldn't see what was happening? I also wanna add that I wasn't ever trying to say breastfeeding wasn't about feeding your kid if you ever felt like I was trying to imply that or anything. I just feel like the way it's done can be public indecency. Not to say all breastfeeders do this, because some just go to their car or to a private room that's not a gross bathroom. And just because you wouldn't be uncomfortable with bare breasts feeding a kid in public, does not mean others don't deserve the right to feel uncomfortable. I feel like we're getting off topic TBH, because this was about narcissistic veganism).

Last edited:
Reactions: MoreGreens
Continuring on...

11) Be vegan because it impresses people with how much disposable income you have and can afford to shell out mega bucks for name brand cool foods.

12) Be vegan because it's an excuse to wear obnoxious t-shirts while not really confronting anyone.

• Friendly
Reactions: MoreGreens
My wife breastfed our kids for a very long time. Being discrete was not practical for her. My big surprise is that everyone likes to watch a little kid breastfeed. So many people had huge smiles as they approvingly stared at my wife breastfeed. We never ever had a single problem.

By the way, I love to watch videos of animals breastfeeding.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Continuring on...

11) Be vegan because it impresses people with how much disposable income you have and can afford to shell out mega bucks for name brand cool foods.

12) Be vegan because it's an excuse to wear obnoxious t-shirts while not really confronting anyone.
Those are fantastic! Well done and spot on.

My wife breastfed our kids for a very long time. Being discrete was not practical for her. My big surprise is that everyone likes to watch a little kid breastfeed. So many people had huge smiles as they approvingly stared at my wife breastfeed. We never ever had a single problem.

By the way, I love to watch videos of animals breastfeeding.
Not gonna lie, I'm extremely creeped out.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I'm extremely creeped out.
Don't let yourself be offended, because he's playing. Hyperbole seems to be his thing on here. He pushes the boundaries of propriety for amusement but doesn't -quite- go into troll behavior. It's an art, and it's ignored because he admits in advance that he's awful by societal standards but advocates for animals and veganism.

On a personal note, I agree the overt sexualization of breastfeeding was unnecessary and devaluing. It didn't get a lol from us, but others might enjoy his imagery?

Don't let yourself be offended, because he's playing. Hyperbole seems to be his thing on here. He pushes the boundaries of propriety for amusement but doesn't -quite- go into troll behavior. It's an art, and it's ignored because he admits in advance that he's awful by societal standards but advocates for animals and veganism.

On a personal note, I agree the overt sexualization of breastfeeding was unnecessary and devaluing. It didn't get a lol from us, but others might enjoy his imagery?
Funny how my jokes about something as subtle and non creepy get hate...

I'm done. This is off topic. Everyone, stay on topic. *clap clap* The topic is about narcissistic veganism. Imma unwatch this thread if it can't stay on topic. *clap clap* Stay *clap* on *clap* topic *clap*

Funny how my jokes about something as subtle and non creepy get hate...

I'm done. This is off topic. Everyone, stay on topic. *clap clap* The topic is about narcissistic veganism. Imma unwatch this thread if it can't stay on topic. *clap clap* Stay *clap* on *clap* topic *clap*
Online commenting as well as texting limit the translation of sarcasm and humor, leaving much which can be misconstrued. It's been a thing since IMing became popular. That being the case, when misunderstood a quick apology or explanation solves a lot of problems. However, pretending to find offense is disingenuous, and rejecting kindness shown is not something I advocate. In the future, consider yourself free from any interaction with me, as I don't want to ruin your forum experiences.