Today's Vegan Menu (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so after shoveling my car out of the snow, I have treated myself with the hot chocolate recipe, only with almond milk...and it's delicious! Another great use for maple syrup. I love the organic syrup I have, as it comes from friend at work who has a small farm. :) Thank you again, Trinity.

Ok, so after shoveling my car out of the snow, I have treated myself with the hot chocolate recipe, only with almond milk...and it's delicious! Another great use for maple syrup. I love the organic syrup I have, as it comes from friend at work who has a small farm. :) Thank you again, Trinity.
Wow! Maple syrup from a friend's farm... YUM!
What a great treat after all that effort! That maple hot chocolate is just like a hug warm from a friend on a chilly winters day.

Wow! Maple syrup from a friend's farm... YUM!
What a great treat after all that effort! That maple hot chocolate is just like a hug warm from a friend on a chilly winters day.
It was so chocolatey! I even forgot the vanilla, lol, but it didn't matter.
I am very lucky to have a friend with a farm. :) Her maple syrup is really, really good.

Reactions: KLS52 and Trinity
Mmmm it's sooo good! And really easy...

Ingredients:
1 mugful of rice milk 

1 heaped teaspoon cocoa powder

2 or 3 teaspoons maple syrup

Dash of vanilla extract

Wow, that's brilliant! :D I've seen plenty of make-from-scratch hot chocolate recipes, but they're always really complicated and involve a blender component and all the rest of it. This is so simple and sounds so delicious! I'll probably try this this evening :) The weather has remembered that it's Winter the past week and it's gotten really cold out again, so this is definitely required drinking ;)

Reactions: Trinity and PTree15
Lemon pancakes and maple syrup; banana; tea
Tofurky kielbasa on a roll with sauerkraut, caramelized onions and mustard
I'm not sure about dinner. I'm still full from lunch.
I did sample quite a bit of batter and ganaches from making a cake, though, haha.
I might just have some roasted veggies. I have carrots and potatoes.

Reactions: KLS52 and Trinity
Breakfast was tofu scramble with whole wheat toast.

Lunch was vegetable soup and a piece of Italian bread.

Dinner will most likely be the remainder of the lasagna or a salad, depending on how hungry I am.

Reactions: PTree15
Pear & Coconut smoothie for brekkie
Sun dried tomato & ginger kale & carrot salad for lunch with raw curried cauliflower
Brocolli, coconut & mushroom soup for dinner with...... and this was the most exciting part of the day....

Raw Vegan Chocolate Blueberry loveheart truffles - which were so so divinely delicious
Blueberry-chocolates_3.jpg

I posted the recipe here: http://www.trinityskitchen.com/raw-chocolate-blueberry-coconut-lovehearts-vegan/

Yeaterday:

- oats, chia seeds, pb, almond milk. Green tea with lemon.
- almond milk toffee nut latte with a lotus biscuit.
- tomato & lentil soup, oat cake
- banana, seeds, apple
- mushroom & ale pie, mash, broccoli, cauliflower, gravy.
- trek flapjack, popcorn.

All the tasty fooooods. :)

Yesterday:
Coffee with almond milk and some hot cereal
A banana and prune smoothie with the last of the almond milk
Split pea soup and a slice of sprouted grain toast with red pepper hummus
Dinner at a vegetarian Indian restaurant. I had vegetable vindaloo

Today:
Forgot breakfast and had an apple at 11am.
Lunch: Ate out at the Rainbows End cafe and had curried potato salad, green leaves and cauliflower in peanut sauce.
Some home made macaroons (was a gluten-free experiment - didn't taste very good!).
Dinner: Turmeric & mushroom rice and a cilantro, brocolli, celery & sundried tomato salad.

Banana with peanut butter; orange; tea
Hummus and baby carrots; small salad of spinach, walnuts, dried cranberries, black olives and cucumbers, topped with balsamic vinaigrette
Cubed sweet potatoes sauteed in olive oil with onions, scallions, chopped tomatoes and chickpeas.
Rice cake with Peach-Mango jam (bought in Maine...it's sooooo good!)

Reactions: Trinity
Yesterday:
Hot cereal and coffee
An apple and a slice of toast with garlic hummus
Crockpot chili over leftover Indian rice
Roasted brussels sprouts with herbs and nutritional yeast
Vanilla soy ice cream which I blended in the food processor with some frozen strawberries and banana I had in my freezer.

Two clementines, tea
Kidney bean curry over basmati rice
Dinner will be sauteed onions and green peppers and leftovers from the cubed sweet potato and chickpea dish
Might have some almond milk hot chocolate with the maple syrup tonight. It's going to be another cold night!

Reactions: Trinity
Another - 'not very original' smoothie for breakfast
Sundried tomato tapenade & salad for lunch
Some home made chocolate for a snack.... YUM!!
Mushroomed millet and a lovely brocolli, carrot & avocado sauce salad for dinner
Cup of chamomile & spearmint tea to wind down with by the open fire....

Mmmmm, tomato tapenade sounds really good, Trinity.
It is really delicious and you wouldn't believe how simple and easy it is to make.

Vegan Sundried Tomato Tapenade

Ingredients:
200g green or black pitted olives
40g sundried tomatoes
1 medium clove garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Soak sundried tomatoes overnight and then drain off the soak-water. If you use pre-soaked sundried tomatoes you will need about 80g of them rather than 40g.
  2. Blend together well with a hand blender to make a pâté.

Reactions: ledboots
It is really delicious and you wouldn't believe how simple and easy it is to make.

Vegan Sundried Tomato Tapenade

Ingredients:
200g green or black pitted olives
40g sundried tomatoes
1 medium clove garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Soak sundried tomatoes overnight and then drain off the soak-water. If you use pre-soaked sundried tomatoes you will need about 80g of them rather than 40g.
  2. Blend together well with a hand blender to make a pâté.
Thank you! I make plain olive tapenade a lot, but I never thought about a tomato one. It sounds delicious, and I will definitely be trying it.

Today is basically a repeat of yesterday. Going for convenience this week on account of long work days. :)

Two clementines and a vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
Dinner will be sauteed onions and green peppers and leftovers from the cubed sweet potato and chickpea dish
I didn't bring a snack because I'm hoping I'll get home from work in time to have some almond milk hot chocolate and half a chocolate chip scone. I was rummaging through the freezer last night and found a lone scone hiding toward the back. :)

:p
Today is basically a repeat of yesterday. Going for convenience this week on account of long work days. :)

Two clementines and a vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
I didn't bring a snack because I'm hoping I'll get home from work in time to have some almond milk hot chocolate and half a chocolate chip scone. I was rummaging through the freezer last night and found a lone scone hiding toward the back. :)

I love that when it happens to me. The other day a brownie popped out ! I can't tell you how happy I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.