Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yesterday:
Banana-chocolate-peanut butter smoothie
Orange
Hummus with kalamata olives, carrots and celery
Leftover Chinese food: Sesame "beef," BBQ seitan ribs, tofu chik'n drumstick, white rice
Raisin spice cake, almond milk mint hot chocolate

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Chocolate chip scone, orange, tea
The last of the Chinese food -- finally, lol: Sesame "beef", broccoli and white rice; limoncello
Dinner will be sauteed onions and green peppers in a marinara sauce over penne; or veggie pot pie (made with carrots, peas and broccoli). :D
I plan on having some popcorn or possibly hummus and pretzels or crackers for snacks.

Oatmeal with craisins and almonds.
Feild roast hot dog and beans; cup of veggie soup
Salad with mixed greens, onions, olives, chickpeas, black beans, shredded carrots, craisins and pumpkin seeds with a yummy white balsamic/pistachio oil dressing.

Reactions: PTree15
Raisin spice cake, apple, tea
Penne pasta with sauteed onions and peppers in a marinara sauce topped with Daiya cheddar shreds.
Dinner will likely be Snobby Joes (from Veganomicon) over a baked potato. I am craving hearty comfort carbs with this cold weather.
I probably will have hot chocolate again tonight, and this time I might bake some cookies to have with it. I'm thinking oatmeal-raisin. It's been a while since I made those.

Reactions: KLS52
Steel-cut oats with walnuts, raisins and maple syrup; tea
Squash soup and a small piece of veggie pot pie
Dinner will be Snobby Joes over some leftover rice and a little bit of Daiya cheddar shreds on top
Dessert will be raisin spice cake. I put most of this cake in the freezer when I made it under the guise of saving it for company. Hah! Not working. ;)

Last edited:
Steel-cut oats with walnuts, raisins and maple syrup; tea
Squash soup and a small piece of veggie pot pie
Dinner will Snobby Joes over some leftover rice and a little bit of Daiya cheddar shreds on top
Dessert will be raisin spice cake. I put most of this cake in the freezer when I made it under the guise of saving it for company. Hah! Not working. ;)

Doesn't work in this home neither.

Breakfast: A vegan cheese toasted sandwich and a cup of milky coffee.

Lunch: Vegetable stir fry, basmati rice, baked seitan with sriracha.
Hmm, I don't like seitan, I keep trying to cook it in different ways but I do not like it.:D

Snacks: Crisps and a soya yoghurt.
Dinner: I'm making creamy asparagus soup and having it with lovely wholemeal bread. Wine too.:broccoli:

Breakfast: A vegan cheese toasted sandwich and a cup of milky coffee.

Lunch: Vegetable stir fry, basmati rice, baked seitan with sriracha.
Hmm, I don't like seitan, I keep trying to cook it in different ways but I do not like it.:D

Snacks: Crisps and a soya yoghurt.
Dinner: I'm making creamy asparagus soup and having it with lovely wholemeal bread. Wine too.:broccoli:

Same here Molls. The only way recipe where it tasted great was when I made Bosted baked pinto beans. I cooked the beans and seitan in my slo cooker and the dish tasted fabulous.

Reactions: ledboots
Breakfast: Toast and Marmite with a cup of tea.

Snack: Banana and pineapple smoothie.

Lunch: Spaghetti with the leftover asparagus soup with added spinach, tomatoes and fresh basil.

Dinner: Not sure yet.

Same here Molls. The only way recipe where it tasted great was when I made Bosted baked pinto beans. I cooked the beans and seitan in my slo cooker and the dish tasted fabulous.

Yes, I think I would like seitan if it was disguised in a sauce but on it's own I don't like the taste, it has a sour flavour that I don't like. I think I will stick to tofu, beans etc... for protein.:)

PTree you eat the best food!

- oats, almond milk, chia seeds, walnuts & agave nectar. Green tea with lemon

- spicy seed mix

- bean & lentil soup, wholemeal bread

- almond milk vanilla latte, lotus biscuit.

Dinner will probably be wholegrain spaghetti with spicy tomao sauce & some olives.

I also have some dark chocolate yoghurt to eat...plus possibly some fruit as well. :)

LOL, thanks, raggle! I so love food :D.
Oh, and I absolutely love olives with pasta. Such a great accent to an already fabulous dish, right?

Today's menu:
Apple, orange and banana smoothie with almond milk
Cous cous salad (with spinach, chickpeas, red onion and raisins in a lemon-vinaigrette dressing)
Dinner will be black bean burgers with caramelized onions, sauteed green peppers, Daiya cheddar shreds and spicy mustard; roasted rosemary potatoes
I will have hot chocolate and spice cake for a sweet treat tonight.

Brekkie: Banana, apple, coconut & lucama smoothie
Lunch: Big kale & carrot salad with walnuts & avocado and a splodge of red pepper hummus
Snack: Almond cliff bar - yum!
Dinner: I was feeling fancy and have created a baked stuffed courgette boats (filled with an onion, mushroom, red lentil & tomato stuffing) and broccolli, kale & apple salad.

I will have hot chocolate and spice cake for a sweet treat tonight.

Would love some of that chocolate & spice cake ;) sounds delicious!

^^^
D'OH, I forgot to post the recipe! Will try to remember tonight :D.

Today's menu:
Starbucks grande soy vanilla latte; banana
Salad of spinach, broccoli, edamame, chickpeas, red onions, green olives, shredded carrots, green peppers and cucumbers topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar; roasted rosemary potatoes
Dinner will be Tofurkey kielbasa with sauerkraut, caramelized onions and sauteed peppers with spicy mustard on a grinder roll.

Breakfast: Just some juice
Lunch: Sallad with quinoa
Dinner: Burger with hasselback potatoes and some of the quinoa sallad
Eveningmeal: Cornbread with vegan cheese

Breakfast: Juice again (I'm terrible to eat when I get up...)
Dinner: Curry with tofu
Dessert: Licorish ice cream
Evensnack: Bit of cornbread

Breakfast: Juice again (I'm terrible to eat when I get up...)
Dinner: Curry with tofu
Dessert: Licorish ice cream
Evensnack: Bit of cornbread

I love liqorice ice cream ! Did you make it Mikkel ?

B: Oatmeal with chia seeds, ground flax, hemp seeds, tons of cinnamon, unsweetened almond milk and frozen blueberries
L: Sprouted rice with kale, oven roasted chickpeas+cauliflower+broccoli, yam rounds, spinach, and a slight drizzle of lemon poppyseed vinaigrette

Snacks: apple, green smoothie of kale, spinach, almond milk, frozen strawberries and pineapple with some lemon juice. Raw cucumbers, cauliflower and broccoli.

I love liqorice ice cream ! Did you make it Mikkel ?

Yeah, I did. I use this recepie, and added raw licorish powder until I get the taste I want. I also added canned cherries to that recepie, and it was really tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.