Today's Vegan Menu (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You go, girl...enjoy! [emoji173]

Today is my private Christmas feast! I found the Gardein Holiday Roast at Target. Having mashed potatoes, sweet potato, green beans, homemade cranberry sauce, apple pie and crescent rolls. And my special treat is the So Delicious coconut ice cream!

That sounds lovely. We've had our Christmas eve dinner so tomorrow is going to be a quite day for me.

B - Apple pie oatmeal
S - A banana
L - Small bowl of cashew cream 10-spice vegetable soup, and a small bowl of santa fe salad (corn, black beans, cilantro, red onion, red pepper, avocado, jalapeno, cumin, fresh squeezed lime juice+zest)
D - will be a larger bowl of santa fe salad :)

And with that, I've met my cook all Oh She Glows cookbook soups goal for this month. :D I gotta say, that little challenge of mine was a lot of fun! And it felt good to complete, and super tasty to eat, hehe. I think I might come up with a similar goal for January, just gotta think of what.

B: Couple of crisp bread with Tartex
L: Not sure yet.
D: Nutroast with mapel syrup roasted potatoes, brusselsprouts and red wine sauce
Dessert: Rice cream pudding with strawberry sauce

How was your sauce Mikkel ? I just made a plain gravy to go with my nut roast. I have leftovers for today's dinner.

How was your sauce Mikkel ? I just made a plain gravy to go with my nut roast. I have leftovers for today's dinner.

Awfull. I had to throw it away and make a rescue one of a powder. :p It's stupid to try to make sauce for the first time on Christmas Eve.

Problem with the nutroast too. The recepie said cook it for 50 minutes, and mine cooked for 65. But didn't cook 100%. Next year, I'm going to test cook. And have a new oven.

I wonder if the time of cooking can sometimes be a bit different from small ovens, and normal sized one. It's not the first time I've to cook it longer than the recepie says...

Awfull. I had to throw it away and make a rescue one of a powder. :p It's stupid to try to make sauce for the first time on Christmas Eve.

Problem with the nutroast too. The recepie said cook it for 50 minutes, and mine cooked for 65. But didn't cook 100%. Next year, I'm going to test cook. And have a new oven.

I wonder if the time of cooking can sometimes be a bit different from small ovens, and normal sized one. It's not the first time I've to cook it longer than the recepie says...

It really does depend on the recipe and kind of oven that you're using. I have a fan assisted electric oven and I have to reduce the cooking time.

I'm not keen on wine sauces and often think that they actually spoil the dish. I really like to keep sauces simple. What kind of a nut roast did you make ?

It really does depend on the recipe and kind of oven that you're using. I have a fan assisted electric oven and I have to reduce the cooking time.

I'm not keen on wine sauces and often think that they actually spoil the dish. I really like to keep sauces simple. What kind of a nut roast did you make ?

A recepie from "Veganmisjonen". With cashew, almond, rice and lentils. And some veggies in. Taste was quite ok luckly. :) just strange looking. :p

I think I skip wine sauce too in the future, and go for normal gravys. And learn me how to cook it during 2015.

Good to know! I probably have to test the cooking on bigger dishes a couple of times.

Awfull. I had to throw it away and make a rescue one of a powder. [emoji14] It's stupid to try to make sauce for the first time on Christmas Eve.

Some ovens are hotter or cooler than they should be. My old oven was about 25°F cooler than the setting, so I just upped it 25°. I bought an oven thermometer and tested it because things kept taking too long to cook.

Reactions: Mikkel
B- Hot cereal and gingerbread coffee
S- I made a four different kinds of bite-sized cookies today. Six dozen in total. I tried one of each of the three kinds that were new recipes to me, paired with a mug of Vanilla Nut Teeccino herbal coffee
L- Whole wheat angel hair pasta, lemon hummus, and roasted veggies (green beans, summer squash and king trumpet mushrooms)
D- Baked brown rice, lentil, spinach and mushroom casserole
S- A couple small cookies and some tea

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
B- Hot cereal and gingerbread coffee
S- Three bite-sized cookies. One sesame coconut thumbprint with fig butter, one coconut kiss cookie, and one oatmeal raisin spice cookie
L- Butternut squash bisque with red lentil focaccia and steamed broccoli.
D-Brown rice, lentil, mushroom and spinach casserole
S- Peach mango soy yogurt

Reactions: Oasis
Some ovens are hotter or cooler than they should be. My old oven was about 25°F cooler than the setting, so I just upped it 25°. I bought an oven thermometer and tested it because things kept taking too long to cook.

Thanks. I think I'll test the new oven when I get it. I used 25 minutes to get a pot to boil on it today... I need a new one. :p

Reactions: ledboots
B - Apple pie oatmeal
S - Persimmon, navel orange
D - Leftover roasted potatoes, left over santa fe salad, kale salad, and steamed broccoli.

Been feeling pretty sick today, so I haven't had much of an appetite. And when I did have one, I only wanted fresh vegetables and fruit. I really overly indulged yesterday, and apparently I'm paying the price. I've never been so bad before that I felt sick the entire next day. Ugh, regret. DX

A slice of apple-cinnamon tofu bake (gawd, I love this! Thank you again, GingerFoxx, for the recipe); tea
Banana-chocolate-peanut butter smoothie, roasted Brussels sprouts
Potato pancakes, Tofurkey Italian sausage with spicy mustard sauce, steamed green beans
Sugar cookies and almond milk hot chocolate

A slice of apple-cinnamon tofu bake (gawd, I love this! Thank you again, GingerFoxx, for the recipe); tea
Banana-chocolate-peanut butter smoothie, roasted Brussels sprouts
Potato pancakes, Tofurkey Italian sausage with spicy mustard sauce, steamed green beans
Sugar cookies and almond milk hot chocolate

I love Tofurkey Italien sausage.:lick:

Reactions: PTree15
A slice of apple-cinnamon tofu bake (gawd, I love this! Thank you again, GingerFoxx, for the recipe)

You're so welcome. I was actually eying the block of silken tofu in my fridge and the apples in my fruit bowl the other day, wondering if I should make one. It really is such a great recipe, quick to prepare and flavorful enough to satisfy herbivores and omnivores alike.

Actually, I just found a recipe for tofu banana pudding I want to try, but I have so many cookies in the house, I think I will wait another week until I have depleted my supply a bit. Sometimes it sucks when there are so many recipes I want to try all at once, and only so much food I can healthfully eat before it goes bad. How I wish I knew another vegan in town.

Reactions: PTree15
Been feeling pretty sick today, so I haven't had much of an appetite. And when I did have one, I only wanted fresh vegetables and fruit. I really overly indulged yesterday, and apparently I'm paying the price. I've never been so bad before that I felt sick the entire next day. Ugh, regret. DX
I did the same. After being on a very strict diet for five months, eating really well with few sugary/processed snacks, I went a little overboard with my Christmas cookies and candied sweet potatoes. Hope you are feeling better.

B- Hot cereal and gingerbread coffee w/ almond milk
S- Silk peach mango soy yogurt and a ginger molasses cookie
L- Pasta, a couple Gardein crispy chicken tenders, roasted broccoli and lemon hummus
D- Leftover soup and casserole
S- A cookie and some tea

Breakfast: Fried mushrooms, tomatoes and ackee with some wholemeal toast and green tea.

Lunch: Broccoli soup with garlic bread

Dinner: Bean stew

Totally yummy. I also had a couple of cups of coffee and some crisps and now wine.:jump:

I hope you feel better soon, Oasis.

+1.

I love Tofurkey Italien sausage.:lick:
I have been trying a few of the mock hot dogs, sausages, etc. What I like about them is that they don't taste like what I remember actual sausage tasting like, which is good, because I wasn't a big pork fan back in the day. I like the spices in them and they grill up nicely.

GingerFoxx, very cool on the banana pudding. If you try it, let me know how it comes out. I'd be interested in that one, too.

Today, I was not very healthy :D:
Gingerbread and tea
Banana
Veggie sandwich, french fries
S'mores made with vegan marshmallows and semisweet chocolate chips. These were really good. I was surprised at how good the vegan marshmallows tasted. This is not good for my waistline, however. :D
Three sugar cookies (I will be happy when these are all gone, lol. I love them too much!)

Status
Not open for further replies.