Today's Vegan Menu (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- oats, chia seeds, pea protein, almond milk, pb, blueberries & agave.

- soy toffee nut latte <3

- carrot sticks with houmous. Nakd cashew cookie bar.

- tea, banana. Cashew Bounce ball (pre workout)

- quinoa & broad bean bites in a tomato sauce, wholegrain rice, tender stem broccoli & baby corn. Olives

- Apple. & I'm STILL hungry so will have to find something else.

Reactions: PTree15
B- Hot cereal and pumpkin spice coffee with almond milk
S- A homemade chocolate zucchini muffin and an apple
L- A fall-inspired mexican lasagne.A layer of Beyond Meat crumbles, green bell pepper and onion sauteed with taco seasoning, a layer of thinly sliced winter squash, and a layer of shredded brussels sprouts. Instead of noodles I used tortillas and instead of regular tomato sauce I seasoned it with taco seasoning. The whole casserole was topped with Daiya cheddar.
D- A slice of chickpea flour quiche. For veggies I sauteed some minced onion, green bell pepper, summer squash and mushrooms. The batter was chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, tahini and spicy mustard blended with water, and I included layers of thinly slice tomato in the middle and on top.

Wow, GingerFoxx, what a great idea for the Mexican lasagna! I have some taco seasoning on hand, so I may try something similar soon.
Today:
Iced coffee with almond milk (from Dunkin' Donuts!! Finally, they have almond milk :) ); apple
Slice of leftover Amy's vegan Daiya pizza doctored up with caramelized onions, green olives and spinach; hummus and carrots
Dinner will be butternut squash soup with half a sandwich of marinated tempeh and sauteed green peppers and onions.
If there is room for dessert, I will have some pumpkin spice bread and tea. I want hot chocolate, but it's 72 degrees today, lol.

T

Breakfast - Toasted crumpets with strawberry jam and a cup of tea with oat milk.
Snack - Cashew nuts and satsumas.
Lunch - Homemade chickpea veg curry with brown basmati rice.
Dinner - A Vegusto schnitzel, baked potato and lots of veggies.

Water and green tea throughout the day and some vegan red mulled wine.:)

Breakfast - Toasted crumpets with strawberry jam and a cup of tea with oat milk.
Snack - Cashew nuts and satsumas.
Lunch - Homemade chickpea veg curry with brown basmati rice.
Dinner - A Vegusto schnitzel, baked potato and lots of veggies.

Water and green tea throughout the day and some vegan red mulled wine.:)

:lick::yes:

How good does my current diet look? I thought I did good yesterday:

Breakfast
Strawberries w/ .5 tbsp almond butter, 6 oz coconut yogurt, 1 c cooked oatmeal, 8 oz almond milk

Morning Snack
8 oz hot cocoa made w/almond milk, popsicle

Lunch
Sandwich on 2 slices bread w/1.5 tbsp almond butter, salad w/2 tbsp vinaigrette, 1 c strawberries, 8 oz almond milk

Afternoon Tea
5 gluten-free cracker breads

Dinner
Brown rice tortilla w/lettuce, cooked winter squash

Evening Snack
Luna bar

According to my dietician and my doctor's scale, this is insufficient intake. :|

Well, damn.

That looks pretty good to me, I'm sorry it wasn't enough. :/

Not as sorry as I am. :p But thanks, ledboots.

Slightly off topic, but
When I saw my doc on Friday she told me I haven't been maintaining my weight.
I also had a low platelet count when my labs came back. That explains the red goose egg I got on my shin after climbing up on the counter. I wonder if the low platelets are also causing me to feel easily fatigued. :shrug:
Who knows. I've never really had abnormalities in my lab work before, so that kinda sucks, huh?

According to my dietician and my doctor's scale, this is insufficient intake. :|

Well, damn.
I'm not sure if you wanted ideas for how it could be improved, but here are some anyway: switch some of the almond milk for soya milk, switch the almond butter for peanut butter, and add some beans / pulses to your dinner. That should improve the protein side of it. As for the scales, it's obviously also a question of portions / volume of food. Maybe you already knew all this. Just trying to be helpful! :)

Not as sorry as I am. :p But thanks, ledboots.

Slightly off topic, but
When I saw my doc on Friday she told me I haven't been maintaining my weight.
I also had a low platelet count when my labs came back. That explains the red goose egg I got on my shin after climbing up on the counter. I wonder if the low platelets are also causing me to feel easily fatigued. :shrug:
Who knows. I've never really had abnormalities in my lab work before, so that kinda sucks, huh?
Low platelets can be caused something as simple as having ingested ibuprofen, asprin, diuretics, alcohol, or other meds. I don't know if you take supplements, but B12 and folate can help. I'm sure you heard all this from the dietician, but they can start talking animal foods etc.

I'm not sure if you wanted ideas for how it could be improved, but here are some anyway: switch some of the almond milk for soya milk, switch the almond butter for peanut butter, and add some beans / pulses to your dinner. That should improve the protein side of it. As for the scales, it's obviously also a question of portions / volume of food. Maybe you already knew all this. Just trying to be helpful! :)

No, this is good stuff. Thank you!!

Low platelets can be caused something as simple as having ingested ibuprofen, asprin, diuretics, alcohol, or other meds. I don't know if you take supplements, but B12 and folate can help. I'm sure you heard all this from the dietician, but they can start talking animal foods etc.

Thanks for the info! I don't take B-12 because my levels have shown up to be too high for the past 3 years.

My dietician is kinda fed up with me at this point. I'm getting a "you should know better" vibe from her. :/

Hot cereal and coffee
A cinnamon raisin english muffin and an apple
Homemade soup - macaroni, gardein beef chunks, tomato, spinach, carrot, celery and veggie broth
Not sure what dinner will be yet.

Organic oatmeal with raisins and soy milk

VEGETABLE QUICHE
Gruyère, leeks, spinach and mushroom; served with green salad, side of quinoa from Le Pain Quotidien, (they have lots of vegan choices)

Dinner??

B- Hot cereal and coffee
S- A chocolate banana zucchini muffin and an apple
L- Some improvised butternut squash casserole I whipped up yesterday -It has layers of roasted squash puree, sauteed mushroom, onion and bell pepper, and baby spinach assembled lasagne-style using some corn tortillas I resurrected from the freezer. Hoping it's good...
D- I also make a chickpea flour quiche yesterday. The base is chickpea flour, almond meal, nutritional yeast and spicy mustard with water added to make a batter. I mixed in some sauteed mushrooms and spinach and topped it with some thinly sliced tomato. I enjoyed a slice yesterday for lunch with some TJ's/Gardein crispy chicken tenders.
S- A couple speculoos (Biscoff) cookies with a mug of vanilla nut Teeccino

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- A banana crunch muffin, made using my favorite banana muffin recipe of all time
L- A slice of aforementioned frittata I made over the weekend, some steamed broccoli and a Granny Smith apple
D- Homemade soup (roasted zucchini, tomatoes and onion, blended with canned pumpkin, silken tofu, curry powder and veggie broth) and a slice of pumpkin red lentil focaccia

B -- Apple pie oatmeal (a lot healthier than it sounds -- no sugar except for what's in the apple)

L -- Chili -- from the Oh She Glows blog -- with a slice of olive bread for dipping.

D -- 'Eat your greens detox soup' from the Oh She Glows cookbook. I added red lentils to make it heartier, and instead of two handfuls of kale, I put in an entire bunch as well as a handful of spinach. I was excited for those greens evidently. ;) I had a zucchini on its last legs so I chopped it up and tossed it in too. The rest of the soup consists of mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, ginger, turmeric, cumin and a touch of cinnamon.

For a snack I had a persimmon, which I just tried for the first time. What a game changer! Wish I tried them earlier in their season, since it's right at the end. Won't be surprised if they're gone from the store next time I go. They're so tasty, if I had my eyes closed I would've sworn I was eating some fancy dessert.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
Status
Not open for further replies.