Today's Bing Photo of the Day is a Tree Museum

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Actually it's an art installation. But as soon as I saw it I started hearing Joni Mithcell in my head.

They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
And they charged all the people
A dollar and a half to see 'em
th.jpg

Admission is free. but it closes tomorrow.

https://forforest.net/en/
OK - that's just weird. ...I mean - How on earth do they move all those trees without harming them. I mean, I know plants are moved around all the time, but it just seems odd to me. OTOH, it's very interesting from a thought perspective.

Side note - I went to a HS football game last night. It was the last home game and my son plays in the band. It was "Senior" night so they honored all the seniors (which my son is). So it's his last time playing band for HS football, which he's done for the last 4 years. Kind of bittersweet. ....As for the actual football game, I'd have rather wandered around in a football field of trees all night, lol

OK - that's just weird. ...I mean - How on earth do they move all those trees without harming them. I mean, I know plants are moved around all the time, but it just seems odd to me. OTOH, it's very interesting from a thought perspective.

I'm guessing they might have been in pots. It's hard to guess how big they are. I know that there are special nurseries that grow trees where the roots are encased in big burlap bags. root balls. these are common in regular nurseries for people doing landscaping. but in special circumstances, these can be much bigger. We had this one blvd that had a lane of trees planted that were 20 or more feet tall.
Ok, i just found directions for transplanting 50 feet tall trees.

I wonder how they are going to repair the pitch.

I wonder how expensive this project is. And who paid for it.

Semi unrelated thought. the new LA stadium is going to cost almost 5 billion dollars. For 5 billion dollars we could build 50 state of the art schools. One for almost every county in California. Then each school could have its own million-dollar stadium and we could all watch our local teams' games in person.

Seahawks niner tickets, Monday night, really lousy seats are now costing $1000. BTW Levis stadium only cost a billion.

Interesting to note the vast landscape of naturally growing trees in the background beyond the art installation.... Just something I noticed...
the new LA stadium is going to cost almost 5 billion dollars
😲😲😲 O M G !!
...My son's HS (which incidentally is the same HS I went to - just a fun fact) spent I think $20K just to do re-do the (probably completely fine) football field a couple years ago. Everyone was up in arms about it. ...And other OMG on those ticket!! What in the world?? I don't get it.

Slightly unrelated, my son says tickets to the Senior party in the spring are going to cost $300. $300???? For a PARTY??? Are they handing out free bars of gold or something? What on earth.

At the cost of 5 billion $, I wonder what tickets to the games will be if $1K is the going rate for sucky tickets at a 1 billion $ stadium...

*sigh

• Haha
Reactions: Lou
My local high school, a few years ago got a big windfall from the state (btw, I think they are about to get another one).

They really fixed it up nice. It was getting pretty rundown. but they spent way (IMHO) too much money on a new track (synthetic), new football stadium, new soccer pitch, and fixed up the gym. I haven't been to a game in a long time. I'll have to check to see what tix cost.

Reactions: TofuRobot