US To impeach or not to impeach?

Is is a good idea to impeach Trump?

• Total voters
And, again, the question is not whether or not this will be quashed by the Repugnican-led Senate (because it will be), but whether or not the public should keep ignoring Dump breaking the laws with impunity....

That Michael Moore story is helpful, thank you. The media reports I read were sketchy on detail. I should have done more research before posting my opinion a couple of days ago instead of just listening to 5 minutes of TV, and reading a couple of news reports, and then posting an opinion.

I think he might be onto something regarding the Trump "fatigue".

It is more serious that I realized.

Last edited:
He held funding hostage for favors, and broke (again) the emoluments cause.
Divide the nation? We are divided. The rump team are nationalists and gulliables that are willing to bet on a mobster to protect them just as long as they can hold on to their dreams. He belongs in prison.
Precedent? Have you forgotten Bill Clintons impeachment? :dismay: This is as bad or worse than Watergate.
The democrats need to quit being nice and start taking this seriously, or their will be no more parties at all

I thought someone would say "have you forgotten Clinton". That's why I added "increased" before "precedent" to try and stop that. Didn't work though. Perhaps precedent wasn't the right word at all.

I take your point about a divided country. Of course, I am aware there is already a lot of division in the country. It would have been better if instead of writing "would create a divide" I had put something like "would increase the division". I think this is more a case of bad writing on my part than misunderstanding the US's politics.

I think you could (maybe) be right in your criticism of my post. I have gone back and updated my original post a bit after losing confidence in some of it.

Last edited:
And, again, the question is not whether or not this will be quashed by the Repugnican-led Senate (because it will be), but whether or not the public should keep ignoring Dump breaking the laws with impunity....

Most Americans have a short attention span, unless the issue has a direct impact on their day to day lives. The U.S. is a Republic, so what the public wants, only "matters" during elections..and the politicians can always distract/divert the public's attention on some non-issue. (e.g. the outrage on Starbucks's choice of Christmas cups, or the ongoing war on Christmas)

The House will impeach, the Senate won't, then some arguments back and forth on social media for a week or two, and then the next news cycle begins, and people will move on. And the only thing to show for it is the millions of dollars spent on the process that went no where.

Most Americans have a short attention span, unless the issue has a direct impact on their day to day lives. The U.S. is a Republic, so what the public wants, only "matters" during elections..and the politicians can always distract/divert the public's attention on some non-issue. (e.g. the outrage on Starbucks's choice of Christmas cups, or the ongoing war on Christmas)

The House will impeach, the Senate won't, then some arguments back and forth on social media for a week or two, and then the next news cycle begins, and people will move on. And the only thing to show for it is the millions of dollars spent on the process that went no where.
Also they are offended when stores says Holiday trees not Christmas.

Reactions: beancounter
OT: Yea, I always found that silly. Calling a Christmas tree a holiday tree is as absurd as calling a menorah, a holiday candelabra.
Isn't that apples to oranges? Dependent on where you live maybe? Here everyone has a tree at Christman time, gifts are given, parties had, work lunches.....it isn't at ALL dependent on whether you're Christian, only that it is a all inclusive holiday. So--holiday tree makes sense. I've never known anyone who wasn't Jewish to have a menorah, so why would you call it anything else?
Can't escape the usual holiday traditions, though I try!

This is what I can't understand, this turning of a blind eye toward treasonous, illegal behavior. When the Nixon impeachment proceedings were going on, Nixon lost support among some Republicans back then. I feel like there is no moral compass left in this country and that Moscow Mitch will somehow thwart any Senate proceedings.

Last edited:
There is no moral compass leftover among members of the Repugnican Party, I agree with you.

Think the Democrats are marginally better, which is why Repugnicans typically get the better of them.

Honestly I am surprised it's ONLY 51%.... but at the same time not surprised either I guess. His supporters are fanatically loyal to a fault.
They are. Since my power has been out, I tuned in to the local conservative radio station in the interest of trying to understand why people support him. I lasted only a few minutes before I got totally frustrated. There is no changing these people's minds. They all think the country is doing great. :fp:

They are. Since my power has been out, I tuned in to the local conservative radio station in the interest of trying to understand why people support him. I lasted only a few minutes before I got totally frustrated. There is no changing these people's minds. They all think the country is doing great. :fp:
I just saw a post on FB where someone said something to the effect on how the country is basking in prosperity thanks to Trump. :fp::fp:
Check out this text I got a few days ago. Normally I ignore stuff like this but it really irritated me, hence my reply lol.

175C3646-70B8-462F-A5FF-B966C3FAB91E.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I just saw a post on FB where someone said something to the effect on how the country is basking in prosperity thanks to Trump. :fp::fp:
Check out this text I got a few days ago. Normally I ignore stuff like this but it really irritated me, hence my reply lol.

View attachment 18670
Good for you!
Almost everybody I know is worried about job security, rising costs of everything from food to gas to you-name-it, and trying to stay ahead. Unemployment may be low, but the numbers don't take into account the under-employed and the people who have simply stopped looking because they can't find anything. I have two friends who have been out of full-time work for more than two years and one for more than four years. Young people are saddled with college loan debt and they can't get jobs in their fields. Layoffs are announced every other week, it seems. I've read story after story about small businesspeople just hanging on because of the tariffs, everybody from farmers, to people in the hardwood industry to those in the whiskey business. This "economy" is helping only the very rich, who have the means to make money by investing in the stock market. Forty-five goes on and on about the stock market, but that is not the economy. It's not representative of most Americans.

Reactions: Calliegirl and Val