This is the part where I come in... (Introduction)

Music Platter

Barefoot in the City
Reaction score
Hello, I am a recently turned Vegan (from Vegetarianism) that has been looking at the Veggie Boards forums. I saw the signature on Indian Summer VB account, and after a short confusion, I finally decided to join up with a community. I chose this one mainly because of the ad-free approach and because of its size (and because I'm curious about the schism in between the two communities). But enough about how I got here, time to give a real intro.

I am a 16 year-old (that's relatively young, isn't it?) vegan that lives in southeastern Wisconsin. I am an avid lover of many types of music (I'm listening to ABBA Gold right now, what are you listening to?), and I play piano and trumpet. Some other things that I enjoy include antiquing, walking, and cycling.

Currently, my culinary skills are horrible, but maybe this forum will goad me towards learning...

Anyway, Veganism's tough (I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that), and I still need to find a better alternative shampoo for my long, blond, (flowing :smile:) hair.

Anything else I should add? Hmm...

-Ragtime is my favorite piano style to play, and I play trumpet in a band.
-I'm really interested in the idea of solipsism, and most other types types of philosophies
-Not sure what else to list right now... it's late.
Hope this intro wasn't too long (or boring). . . If you want to learn more about me, I'll probably be posting soon. :)

Welcome to VV, we're happy to have you :)

Solipsism sounds like a good topic for our philosophy sub-forum!

I've been to Wisconsin a couple of times, one time to go to a music festival in Milwaukee back in 2005, and another time we went there and to Minnesota on a journey to discover the "hidden Scandinavia" of the US.

Welcome, Music Platter. I like your name! BTW, my sister LOVES ABBA. I got her ABBA Gold for Christmas last year :D.

Welcome, Music Platter. I like your name! BTW, my sister LOVES ABBA. I got her ABBA Gold for Christmas last year :D.

My mom is a big ABBA fan, and I eventually realized how much I enjoyed them, too. :)

Also, I really do appreciate the welcomes. If I could redo my intro, I would probably write it in the third person. I feel that it is sometimes easier to introduce yourself that way, at least in writing.

Reactions: PTree15