The Weather.

The chances of rain are down a bit today so it will be more normal. It will get up to near 90 and afternoon showers are possible. Hurricane Sally has stalled and has not made landfall yet.

I’m freezing. It was 49 when I went walking this morning but it felt so good.
It’s 54 now and should reach 69 by this afternoon. 🍁🍂🍁

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
The weather lately has made me mentally ill and makes me wonder if I should keep trekking north. I thought this was a good spot for me, and IT IS, it's very resilient to climate change, but we got smoke drift for a few days. We got the Bay Area "apocalypse skies" on Thursday, then terrible smoke clouds mixed with our fog up until yesterday. Today was the first day we had clear blue skies in like five days. I'm very thankful to be removed from the real fires, but I am absolutely dependent on nature time for my happiness. There's still a county left north of me in California before Oregon but it's very conservative. However, I hear the land is very cheap, and I'd be near a national park.

I was talking about this to a local worker at my nearest cafe/convenience store. She also does environmental education part-time like I do and her background academically is similar to mine. I would miss her if she ever left. She said today was the first time she had taken a run in days that it was getting to her, and making her upset. I have seen it via my on-line activity, which is why I am committed to being so honest in this space right now. I could see how angry and afraid I am. I want to talk about why. No one should have to suffer silently through climate change, least of all me. Good lord if I go down in Internet history being a ***** I want people to know why.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
My morning walks are going to be quite chilly the next three days...43-45 degrees. I may need my coat and hat! 😁

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
Loving this so much. And look at that humidity (or lack thereof).
I was going to make an appointment for a haircut but then I saw salons were a higher risk of getting Covid19 so I changed my mind. But I need one so bad. Would be so nice to get it cleaned up and trimmed so that I can blow it out more easily. It’s too tedious to do it in the condition it’s in now. I tried trimming it myself but I can’t shape it properly.

A489309D-E694-4472-8B55-39F02B6CA118.jpeg

Loving this so much. And look at that humidity (or lack thereof).
I was going to make an appointment for a haircut but then I saw salons were a higher risk of getting Covid19 so I changed my mind. But I need one so bad. Would be so nice to get it cleaned up and trimmed so that I can blow it out more easily. It’s too tedious to do it in the condition it’s in now. I tried trimming it myself but I can’t shape it properly.

View attachment 22471
I hear you on the haircut. I haven't had a proper one since the pandemic hit. I have been trimming the bangs and sides a bit, but I haven't done a very good job, lol. I'm not keen to go to the salon, either. We seem to be experiencing an uptick in cases, so I'm pulling back on that plan. I had thought about making an appointment, but I changed my mind.

The weather is glorious. I love a cool, brisk day. I might go for a walk later.

Reactions: shyvas
I hear you on the haircut. I haven't had a proper one since the pandemic hit. I have been trimming the bangs and sides a bit, but I haven't done a very good job, lol. I'm not keen to go to the salon, either. We seem to be experiencing an uptick in cases, so I'm pulling back on that plan. I had thought about making an appointment, but I changed my mind.

The weather is glorious. I love a cool, brisk day. I might go for a walk later.
Yes I had decided I was definitely going to call last week but have since reconsidered. ☹️

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and PTree15
It was also quite chilly here in the morning-I turned the heat on for a bit, just to be sure it came on really, don't want any surprises when it's necessary!
I need a pair of comfy slippers, with cushioning.
Allergies are bad! Sneezing so strongly it's not funny at all! I wear a mask all day long at work, and outside can't wait to take it off, so, yeah, I get all teh allergens!

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
It's been a very warm day despite the forecast saying it would rain with thunderstorms. I went for a long walk for approximately an hour and popped into Lidl's on my way back.

Reactions: KLS52