The Weather.

We lost power as soon as I made that post. 😫 It’s horrible...I have no power and no cell signal. 😫 I had an awful night. 😫 I’m driving around Main Street to charge my phone and check in here and Facebook just to whine. 😫 I seriously hate this. 😫 And it could be days before we are restored. 😫 I hate being spoiled. 😫 It’s not fair. 😫 Get me all used to technology and the take it away from me 😫

Ok I’m done. I’m fine. 😂 I do have city water so that’s great. I’m going to run into a store and maybe get something like a crossword puzzle or something. If I can find the charger to my kindle that would be great...I can bring it to my daughter for charging and then I can read! If I get a good charge on my phone I can also listen to some audio books. I was caught off guard yesterday and not well prepared. Plus my phone is older and it runs out of charge quicker than it should.
Ugh, I am so sorry you are still without power. It's crazy how many whole trees took out power lines, not just limbs. I do hope it's not days until you get power. About a third of my town is without power, but mine flickered only a few times. We were super lucky. I was just glad to be able to get my work in. Whew. Today is cleanup day. There are lots of little branches in my yard, and I want to check the roof to make sure it's all good. I didn't hear any loud thuds, so hopefully all is well.

@NYC Gardener I have solar lights and an outdoor grill as well. I love the solar lights. They work really well and keep a charge for several hours. I also have a gas stove, so I can light the burner manually if the power goes out.

Sorry to hear you are without power KLS! We were without power for a few days when hurricane Irma hit us a few years ago. I have a battery powered lantern and several flashlights. I also have a weather radio now. I am going to get some more solar lights as mine are now dead. I have a small grill also.
It is normal weather here; hot with a chance of thunderstorms..

Massive flooding in Blagoveschensk city today (it's Far East, 5088 miles from SPb). They say, they are getting ready to avacuate some districts.😳 This flood is manageable and not deadly, but it will require a lot of money from the budget for eliminating the consequences. Economics of Far East has suffered a lot because of covid, and the citizens didn't deserve a flood. This video doesn't show the whole damage to the city, though it shows a few different footages:
One more fragmentary video:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: KLS52
OMG! It’s 57 degrees outside...and I’m freezing lol. Definitely need a sweatshirt for my walk this morning. And I’m late getting out there...it’s 8:30!

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
We've had a thunderstorm which touched us slightly, so we didn't have much rain. The most unusual about it is that it was late in the evening. It's not common for our places to hear thunder at night, in the darkness. Night downpours may be torrential and they may cause floodings, but thunder occurs mostly at daytime. When i heard thunder in the dark, i remembered an epic flood in Caucasus, in 1991. We heard thunder all night when it happened (we were having vacations at the country, 24 kms from Sochi). Those thunderstorms across all Black see shore caused a real deluge.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven
It got very hot today. The heat index here in DeLand was 103F and it hasn't rained at all and is not expected to. Evidently those hurricanes have sucked all the moisture to themselves and it is dry here!

• Sad
  • Friendly
Reactions: Raven and Val
OMG! It’s 57 degrees outside...and I’m freezing lol. Definitely need a sweatshirt for my walk this morning. And I’m late getting out there...it’s 8:30!
It is a glorious summer day! This is how it should be for most of the summer, with those tropical days few and far between, not the other way around. :D

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
We're receiving scary news all day, and it (the news) is getting worse. I wonder, do any of you have relatives or friends in Texas and/or Louisiana?
They are even talking about it on our local news. This is one of the latest updates. Does anyone know what's going there? (I mean the truth?)
<<"Laura is a Category 4 hurricane with "unsurvivable storm surge" expected in some areas, according to the National Hurricane Center.
"Unsurvivable storm surge with large and destructive waves will cause catastrophic damage from Sea Rim State Park, Texas, to Intracoastal City, Louisiana, including Calcasieu and Sabine Lakes," the NHC said in a statement. "This surge could penetrate up to 30 miles inland from the immediate coastline. Only a few hours remain to protect life and property and all actions should be rushed to completion."
Parts of eastern Texas and western Louisiana are forecast to see "catastrophic wind damage," especially in places where the storm's eyewall makes landfall, the NHC said.>>

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
We're receiving scary news all day, and it (the news) is getting worse. I wonder, do any of you have relatives or friends in Texas and/or Louisiana?
They are even talking about it on our local news. This is one of the latest updates. Does anyone know what's going there? (I mean the truth?)
<<"Laura is a Category 4 hurricane with "unsurvivable storm surge" expected in some areas, according to the National Hurricane Center.
"Unsurvivable storm surge with large and destructive waves will cause catastrophic damage from Sea Rim State Park, Texas, to Intracoastal City, Louisiana, including Calcasieu and Sabine Lakes," the NHC said in a statement. "This surge could penetrate up to 30 miles inland from the immediate coastline. Only a few hours remain to protect life and property and all actions should be rushed to completion."
Parts of eastern Texas and western Louisiana are forecast to see "catastrophic wind damage," especially in places where the storm's eyewall makes landfall, the NHC said.>>

I have friends in that area. And I've been following the news.

It's scary because people didn't get that much time to evacuate. It sounds like they're doing the best they can. I hope everyone gets out.

Also, all of the traveling and staying in hotels could worsen the COVID situation. It's been bad in Texas.

• Sad
Reactions: Val
We're under a tornado watch (again). Some nasty storms coming from the west. I did laundry and cooking already just in case the power goes out. @KLS52 , I hope you stay safe.

• Friendly
  • Wow
Reactions: Val and KLS52
We’re having thunder and lightning right now. Pretty decent storm. Wind isn’t too bad but lightening is always scary. Lights keep flickering. They went out for about five minutes but came back on.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
We’re having thunder and lightning right now. Pretty decent storm. Wind isn’t too bad but lightening is always scary. Lights keep flickering. They went out for about five minutes but came back on.
The weather people mentioned your town on TV, so of course, I thought of you immediately. They say the worst of it should be offshore soon. We were not in the path of the first go-round, but I guess more are coming. Lots of thunder and lightning, but so far no crazy wind.

Do you have a basement? (In case if the things get worse)?
Anyway, keep us informed...📱📲💓

It was "raining cats and dogs" all day! And we all(!) had to run CRAZY errands in this nasty weather.
P.S. when i calm down a little, i'll tell you about this day in the Coffee house thread, because i need to.:yuck:

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15