The Weather.

My daughter in New York had the most amazing thunderstorm…she said it was the best one she’s ever had/seen! It lasted almost 30 minutes with lots of thunder and lightening. She loves that stuff, lol. We barely had anything here…some rain and a few thunder booms off in the distance that you could barely hear.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Raven and shyvas
Some people here are thinking that Hurricane Lee is going to hit us at some point. I think that was true as of a few days ago but I keep looking at the track and it looks like it’s missing us altogether and heading for Maine/Massachusetts and then up to Canada.

I had prepared for it anyway…the generator is ready to go, and I bought a few gallons of water and some batteries. But I think we are going to be fine. I’m not even sure if we will get rain at this point.

It was cooler this morning here, too. I was actually cold when I woke up because I had the fan in the window and it pulled in all of the cooler air. I went for a walk with a long sleeved tshirt. It felt good. Only we are expecting massive rain. So it’s humid but with the cooler temps it’s not bad.

We had rain on Monday. The next three days should be gorgeous! Then more rain on the weekend. It's so nice being retired because I don't have to stress weekend weather, unless I have special outdoor plans. But that's not usually the case. Most of my activities are Monday through Friday.

It is still quite warm here. I really don't want winter and the cold weather to arrive. Last year was awful as I was trying to have the central heating off as much as possible due to the high energy prices. I'm not doing that this year if we get cold weather.

Reactions: KLS52
It is still quite warm here. I really don't want winter and the cold weather to arrive. Last year was awful as I was trying to have the central heating off as much as possible due to the high energy prices. I'm not doing that this year if we get cold weather.
So funny…I just said the same thing to myself. My highest bill last year was $565/mo…and we froze our butts off. I don’t care if I have to pay $1000 for January and February. I’m not freezing again this year. 😞 I’ll start being economical now…curb the amazon spending lol. And I started Christmas shopping. So hopefully I can afford a higher electric bill for the heating costs. 🤞 Obviously I won’t let the bill get that high. I was being my dramatic self, lol.

I also have to remind myself that I don’t have an oil/gas bill so while it seems high (and it is) I don’t have that other expense.

So funny…I just said the same thing to myself. My highest bill last year was $565/mo…and we froze our butts off. I don’t care if I have to pay $1000 for January and February. I’m not freezing again this year. 😞 I’ll start being economical now…curb the amazon spending lol. And I started Christmas shopping. So hopefully I can afford a higher electric bill for the heating costs. 🤞 Obviously I won’t let the bill get that high. I was being my dramatic self, lol.
I was just saying to my husband that we need to stop spending as much in the next few months. I cannot let myself get as cold as last year, especially now I have osteoarthritis.

We have turned our bigger bedroom into a living room and we are going to sit in there if it gets really cold. It is the warmest room in the house by a few degrees as I went around with my thermostat and tested all the rooms when the weather was hot!

Reactions: KLS52
It is overcast this morning so no sunrise picture. :( Lots of rain is expected most of the week and it has been thunderstorming at night the last few days. Temps have been in the mid 80's.

Only 45 degrees this morning…brrrr. But at least the sun is shining! No more rain…for two days. Then the rain returns. Oh joy.

• Wow
Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Finally saw the sun yesterday after four days of rain. Today will be mostly sunny but the rain returns for Friday and Saturday. 😞
The temps are good ...a little too cool in the morning for me. Makes me not want to get out of bed.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie
I had planned a night hike tonight for the last Super Moon of the year.
But right now it's too cloudy. I am hoping it might clear up.