The Weather.

When the temperature outside starts breaking 100, it's a good idea to keep your thermostat set somewhere in the 80s, about 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature.

Grass is probably the most resilient living thing on the planet.

The fan on the AC isn't working, so I had to shut the unit off before it killed itself completely. I have fans going, and hope the repairman can make it Monday or Tuesday.

The fan on the AC isn't working, so I had to shut the unit off before it killed itself completely. I have fans going, and hope the repairman can make it Monday or Tuesday.

Smart move. When we turned our A/C on the for the first time this season, we burned out the motor overnight because we didn't realize it wasn't working properly until morning and by then it was too late.

Luckily the hubby is an HVAC man and was able to get a new motor at a reasonable price and fix it. I was really worried we were going to have to spring for a new unit.

Reactions: thefadedone
the weather here has been nutty....its been cool, hot, and then rainy,stormy, and hotter....but is all good....my downstairs ac is broken but the upstairs ones are fine and I have a ton of fans....but honestly I guess I am just used to it cause it hasnt bothered me one bit..I do need to replace that ac soon though.

peace, love & meditation

Cool comfortable night here tonight in the middle/upper 50s until we get smacked with all the crazy hot weather the rest of you are having!! You just need to keep it and not send it my way!

86 today but low humidity so it was a beautiful day!
Might rain tomorrow...hot and humid, 91.

Looks like it is going to storm... hearing thunder and saw some flashes of lightning. It could just be making noise and not even rain in my location though. Florida weather is crazy!

Storming pretty badly at the moment. The power has gone out several times for seconds at a time.

Does anyone else find that the heat causes you to lose your appetite? I ate less than 1000 calories yesterday and as of 4:00 pm today I haven't eaten a morsel of food. Being the big guy that I am... this is very unusual for me. :p

Was a gorgeous day today... no rain for a change. Probably hit around 90 with a slight breeze and blue skies with a few passing clouds.

Guess what? It's raining! What a surprise. :brood:

But apparently there might be high pressure at the end of the week so we might get some sun over the weekend.