TV & Film The Walking Dead

Oh yeah, the deer. I guess as long as the dead thing is "fresh", they'll gnaw on it.

I was reading over on IMDB, and while some people assume that it was Andrew watching Carol when she was practicing the c-section, there were some people that were thinking differently. In the comics, there was a storyline with cannibals, and one particular person thought it was weird that Carol was being watched specifically and then the next she goes missing. But then I read another storyline where people are saying she's probably hiding somewhere in the prison after losing her knife to fight back.
So I don't know where they are going to go with all of that. I've also never read the comics so I don't know how closely they would follow some of this stuff.

***spoilers throughout***(sorry, spoilers wouldn't work :confused:)
like some of yous, i was wondering where the hell Lori's body had gone? then hearing the zombie sounds and thinking omg, Carl didn't shoot her and she's back there, zombie-style.
i didn't get that the bloated zombie was gorged out on Lori though until i heard them talk about it on The Talking Dead.
then i went back and re-watched the scene. ouch.

I figured he was cutting the gut open to get the wedding ring back or something. He seemed to be holding onto something small when he answered the phone at the end, but I didn't see it clearly. And they're really going out of their way to build on Daryl's popularity... the way they had him, out of all the people there, be the one to bottle feed the baby lol.
after getting what this zombie was, i totally think Rick was trying to get the wedding ring. hopefully he got it and that's what he was holding at the end when he answered the phone.
or it could have been the bullet he picked up off the floor where Lori's head should have been.
re Daryl feeding the baby, oh those crafty manipulative writers. i knowingly and willingly lapped it up. lol.

Yeah I tend to miss a bit here and there as well. Didn't AMC used to reair the previous week's episode right before airing the new week's episode and the would explain what was going on during that scene on the bottom of the screen? I really wish they went back to doing that. It was so helpful. The Talking Dead does a good job at dissecting and analyzing each episode but I can never stay up that late to watch it. :rolleyes:
dang, i never noticed that bottom of the screen thingy explaining the scenes. they don't do it anymore (but they still reair the previous week's ep before the new ep).
loovve The Talking Dead. there's gotta be somewhere to view the eps afterwards/not live. will check it out.

I have it set to record along with TWD. :D
hear, hear!

Also, did anyone else find it really creepy when he put the tip of the gun in the walker's mouth and it sat there for a moment chewing on it?
you know that really stood out for me too, but i don't know if i thought it was creepy. it was something, but i just can't find the word.

I was reading over on IMDB, and while some people assume that it was Andrew watching Carol when she was practicing the c-section, there were some people that were thinking differently. In the comics, there was a storyline with cannibals, and one particular person thought it was weird that Carol was being watched specifically and then the next she goes missing. But then I read another storyline where people are saying she's probably hiding somewhere in the prison after losing her knife to fight back.
So I don't know where they are going to go with all of that. I've also never read the comics so I don't know how closely they would follow some of this stuff.
i don't think Carol is dead. the producer lady on the Talking Dead last week was answering the question regarding this a bit dodgy...not a sure yes or no. plus the TD always does the "in memoriam" bit for all the fallen and they didn't for Carol. plus the trailer for next week's ep shows Daryl finding Carol's knife. i think she's hiding out somewhere in the prison. *crosses fingers*
stumble.gif

squee! omg how cute is that?

random thoughts:
lolz when Daryl said "hello, dinner" after shooting that possum.

how heartbreaking was that when Daryl asked Carl if he had thought of any names for his little sister and he started naming all the fallen girls/women and got choked up at his mom's name last. :sniff:
but then how hilarious was it when immediately after that, Daryl says "how 'bout little *** kicker? huh? yeah. hey little *** kicker." :D

if anyone can tell me the name of the piece of music playing while Daryl is setting a Cherokee Rose on Carol's "grave", i would be ever so grateful.
(spoilers worked. maybe last post too long?)

Long.

Seems like walkers eat any dead flesh that isn't turned into walker. Like the guy hanging in the woods, committed suicide, was dead for a bit, feet got eaten by walkers, reanimated, and then they stopped caring about eating him. Once they have whatever it is that makes them walkers they are no longer edible?

I figured it was that the zombie gorged on Lori, but I assumed the rest of the body was around the little corner there where we couldn't see it because that's too horrific, we don't want to see the main characters partially devoured remains. :(

Yeah Daryl feeding the baby was random heart-tugging, but it's not like any of them have more claim to it, and he seemed like he knew what he was doing and obviously adores children, after hunting relentlessly for Sofia and unhesitatingly going for formula. Dude loves kids.

One thing about a previous episode I thought was interesting was his apparent complete lack of interest in being with a woman (namely Carol). He obviously cares about her, but when she was joking around about it he seemed very bothered. Maybe because he's very serious with his feelings and doesn't take such things lightly.

And no way is Carol dead. Doesn't make any sense, she seemed to get away, we didn't see her die or even a likely situation. If we don't see them die - they aren't dead. :no:

you know that really stood out for me too, but i don't know if i thought it was creepy. it was something, but i just can't find the word.

I agree with everything you said but especially this. There was something about that scene that was so haunting and disturbing.

It seems like Andrea might be reverting back to her annoying self which sucks because she was starting to become a more likable character towards the end of last season. I'm glad Michonne left her.

I agree with everything you said but especially this. There was something about that scene that was so haunting and disturbing.

It seems like Andrea might be reverting back to her annoying self which sucks because she was starting to become a more likable character towards the end of last season. I'm glad Michonne left her.

I agree. For me, that scene was Rick in savage mode and almost as if he were stabbing Lori herself knowing her remains were in there. They had a lot of unresolved issues, obviously. Good word- haunting.

why would you not want gross details in a zombie series?

For me, the older I get the less I can handle. I don't like gore, in general, so I keep going back and forth from not wanting to watch TWD anymore to needing to know what will happen on the next episode.

For me, the older I get the less I can handle. I don't like gore, in general, so I keep going back and forth from not wanting to watch TWD anymore to needing to know what will happen on the next episode.

Have you ever watching the behind the scenes stuff? Like the making of the costumes and zombie make up? I've found that actually seeing how it's all done makes it seem not as realistic.

Have you ever watching the behind the scenes stuff? Like the making of the costumes and zombie make up? I've found that actually seeing how it's all done makes it seem not as realistic.

Yeah, it doesn't ruin it but it does add another layer of depth to the show for me. A kind of "hmm, I wonder how they did that?" and "are they going to explain that part on the Talking Dead tonight?"

This time I taped the talking dead, too. Will settle down when I get home from work and watch both...I'm kind of excited!