The Voter/Election Thread

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
vote-1804596_1920.jpg

There wasn't a general thread for this, so here it is....

The next election in California will be the primary election June 5th. I’ve already re-registered to vote at my current address, so I only have to wait for the ballot in the mail. I also registered to permanently vote by mail, same as before. Even though it’s only the primaries where we choose the individual parties’ candidates and not the November general election, I’m excited. I haven’t been this excited for a primary election in years. I guess it’s a test run for the excitement I’ll be feeling in November. :smile:

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
There are local elections here on May 3rd. I have already voted (Labour) as I have a postal vote. I assume my local area will stay Labour. Every London borough has council seats in the election.

I have to admit that I am not exactly on the edge of my seat about these elections.

In the last few years we have had a general election in 2015, the EU referendum vote and the London Mayoral election and then an unnecessary general election last year. :rolleyes: I'm getting sick of voting.:D

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I forgot that there were elections yesterday. :pI think it is because I vote so early by post.

It looks like there were mixed results. My area stayed Labour.

Labour didn't do as well overall as they were predicting. Maybe that was because of the anti-Semitism in the hard left of the Labour party as well as their bloody hopeless leader!

NSFW

Britain thrilled with its shitty voting choices again

Last edited:
In a way, too bad. It would have been disastrous for the Republicans if he had been their candidate.

OTOH, it's good that not enough primary voters were slimy enough to vote for him.

I know exactly what you mean. On one hand, the worse the GOP candidates are, the higher the likelihood that the Democratic candidates win. On the other hand, “how did he/she get SO many votes???” and the very real possibility that the GOP candidates will actually WIN.

I know there are some Republican candidates who are telling Trump to GTFA because they don’t want to be “tainted” by his endorsement. But it may not be enough for them in some districts. I can’t wait to see the outcomes of these races. I’ve also read that a record number of women are running for office, everything from dogcatcher to governor, and that’s definitely a direct response to not only Donald Trump but also other (mostly male) politicians who they feel are unresponsive to or dismissive of their needs.

I discovered that my local polling station is right here in the assisted living center where I live! Right down the hallway in the recreation room. Talk about convenience. So I don’t even have to mail my ballot, which is nice because I’m notoriously late mailing those things and usually end up walking my ballot over to personally turn in at the polling station. So that’s what I’ll continue to do here.