Space Sciences The UFO Thread

It looks like a tub drain that's has convincing light reflections on it, with a treeline transposed over it. And blurred, of course. All UFO pics are blurred. :p

Where was that photo taken and what year FortyTwo?:)

The photos were taken (or faked, or doctored, depending on your take on the situation) in Green Bay in 2007.

In all honesty, I don't know whether it was faked or not. The issue with present-day UFO photographs is that it's very easy to fake them, and there are enough fakes out there to muddle the waters of any legitimate sightings. Some of the best photographs are the oldest ones, where faking them would not only be VERY difficult, but unprecedented, as some were taken before Earthly flying machines even existed.

my guess, although I don't really know what I'm talking about, is: maybe the camera picks up the two red lights on the column, and then as the camera shifts, maybe the camera adjusts for a darker picture(less light in the whole frame) and an effect left by the two red lights is turned/enhanced into looking like two green lights, where the red lights had been........that's sort of how it appears to me.......

my guess, although I don't really know what I'm talking about, is: maybe the camera picks up the two red lights on the column, and then as the camera shifts, maybe the camera adjusts for a darker picture(less light in the whole frame) and an effect left by the two red lights is turned/enhanced into looking like two green lights, where the red lights had been........that's sort of how it appears to me.......

You're right: it is kinda fishy that two lights appear beside two lights. What makes me less dismissive is that the Washington Monument lights are flashing, whereas the lights to the side seem to have no correlation with the flashing; the rightmost lights appear to move across the screen while there is no camera movement; and the lights to the side fade and disappear from sight - again, with no apparent correlation to the red lights.

It's possible, even likely, that it's just a reflection or camera anomaly or something of the sort. There is just enough evidence to the contrary for it to seem sketchy.

On a more amusing note, this is the fourth time a UFO has been recorded at an event directly related to Obama or the Obama campaign.

An alien origin to UFOs is very unlikely to be real, IMO.

So much evidence is against it.

You're right: it is kinda fishy that two lights appear beside two lights. What makes me less dismissive is that the Washington Monument lights are flashing, whereas the lights to the side seem to have no correlation with the flashing;

I was thinking it might be like the effect we get with our eyes, if we look at a bright light, then we sometimes even see it when we shut our eyes....that is why it is a different colour, and that would be why it didn't flash.....and effect left on the camera's retina thing maybe.

I do believe it is quite likely that this planet is visited by aliens or their robotic space ships...I would give it about 80% chance that we were. But I do think we should look for the more mundane explanation for video etc evidence first.

An alien origin to UFOs is very unlikely to be real, IMO.

So much evidence is against it.

I do believe it is quite likely that this planet is visited by aliens or their robotic space ships...I would give it about 80% chance that we were. But I do think we should look for the more mundane explanation for video etc evidence first.

I'm somewhat between these two viewpoints. If aliens are visiting this planet, they have a LOT of circumstances going against them. But at the same time we can't really judge the motives or thought processes of something that is bound to be completely different from us.

On the other hand, I believe it's MUCH more likely that most sightings are explainable by atmospheric and Earthly phenomena, many of which we still do not understand. Think of all the crazy things that happen in nature - is a series of lights moving with apparent intelligence in the sky so far-fetched? We see tons of patterns in the natural world, things that had perfectly logical explanations once we bothered to figure them out.

Here are a couple cool ones.

MtWashington1870.jpg

That's from 1870. Of course photo doctoring existed back then, but what exactly would be the motivation? Flying machines didn't exist yet, and the first major alien invasion story was still 29 years away.

VancouverIsland2005a.jpg

NewJersey0805c.jpg

DorchesterUK111404.jpg

And then there's this damn thing, which keeps showing up everywhere.

Last night I finished watching "UFOs: The Secret Evidence" which was a program that aired (I think) on Channel 4 on January 12th here in the UK. We had recorded it, but I hadn't found the time to watch it before now. I really recommend it if you can still find it on "on demand" / catch-up or even online somewhere.

It doesn't attempt to claim that no UFOs of extraterrestrial origin exist, but it does show how it was in the US government's and certain defence contractors' interest that belief in extraterrestrial UFOs would take hold in the population, especially the population in the south west around the testing grounds for new military technologies. This has helped keep the new technologies secret so that other countries were not able to copy them as easily. It can also have served other purposes, such as disguising covert environment contamination monitoring as space alien cattle abductions. One witness who was interviewed on the program explained he noticed the UFO abducting his cattle was really just a disguised helicopter. What may have been really happening was the government using the cattle to test for release of dangerous pollutants. As for top-secret technologies, it talked about e.g. the Aurora project.