TV & Film The TV Room

AHS still binging. I made it to Roanoke. Not my fave season TBH.
I am a bit concerned that the Delicate will be horrible, Kim K is acting in it. Scary.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I finished season one of "1923" and there will be a season two but who knows when that will happen with the strike. They can't even start production so it will be a while. This show is one of the darkest and most disturbing I have ever watched that isn't horror. Tons of violence, brutality, murder, sexual perversion, and corruption. The parts concerning the Native Americans is especially horrific. The only bright spots are the love stories and they are full of tragedy also. Despite the darkness, I will watch it when season two continues the story of the Duttons.
I started watching a new series called "Gold". It is based on a true crime that happened in London in 1983. Three tons of gold bars is stolen and a task force is formed to solve the crime. It is extremely complicated to "launder" gold bars and the thieves have lots of help. The task force is hot on their trail and two episodes in, it is a pretty wild ride!

On to Cult of AHS for the binge. I don't think I rewatched this one or remember much about it. It was 2017 and I was very, very busy.
Later is the start of Delicate season.

Since I have been watching Ahsoka and I didn't remember her character at all from the Star Wars movies, I started watching the animated Clone Wars which has her background.

Reactions: PTree15
We just finished the last episode of Shelter. I liked it. We saw a TV show on Amazon Prime advertised at the cinema, Wilderness. I am about to watch the first episode to see what it is like.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I've been watching a Korean tv show called Movings . It was rated very high but I'm not sure why.
I am watching the version with Subtitles. It seems to be both slow and low-key.

I'm almost half way thru and so far I'm thinking it's way overrated.

We just finished the last episode of Shelter. I liked it. We saw a TV show on Amazon Prime advertised at the cinema, Wilderness. I am about to watch the first episode to see what it is like.

thanks for the heads up on Wilderness - we have Paramount+ right now so we started watching it last night - like it so far

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven
We are making our way through the old seasons of Taskmaster. Season 1 has Romesh & Tom Widdicombe on it - 2 of my favourites!

yesterday we watched more episodes of Wilderness and I have definitely lost interest in it.... too dark and sad for me

we also watched more The Last of Us and that I do like very much - it is obviously darkish and yet they manage to mix in joy and good emotions

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
One of my friends recommended Almost Paradise, a cop show set in the Philippines featuring an ex-DEA agent who ends up helping the local police on numerous cases. It's on Freevee, and it was pretty good. It was only two seasons, and I'm not sure whether there will be a third season, but if there is, I'll watch it.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Re Lioness...I may watch it, even though it's not my preferred genre. Jill Wagner from Hallmark is in it. She plays Bobby. Quite a change for her and I'm curious.

For the most part, I haven't watched tv in a few months as I am addicted to audiobooks. But countdown to Christmas starts in three weeks. I didn't even watch Christmas in July other than maybe three movies.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC