TV & Film The Star Wars Thread

Reactions: PTree15
I finally saw The Last Jedi. Did you see it yet, MadamSarcastra? I have to say I was underwhelmed, and dare I say disappointed.

I finally saw The Last Jedi. Did you see it yet, MadamSarcastra? I have to say I was underwhelmed, and dare I say disappointed.
No, I don't go to the theatres.... I haven't seen a full-length feature in a movie theatre since 1998. :bag: LMAO

I'm awaiting the DVD release, as always... and I assume Jer will be purchasing it like the others. ;) He saw it twice & loved it. Said for him, it now goes: Empire, then Last Jedi.

We shall see.... :cool:

No, I don't go to the theatres.... I haven't seen a full-length feature in a movie theatre since 1998. :bag: LMAO

I'm awaiting the DVD release, as always... and I assume Jer will be purchasing it like the others. ;) He saw it twice & loved it. Said for him, it now goes: Empire, then Last Jedi.

We shall see.... :cool:
My favorite is Empire as well. :)

My favorite is Empire as well. :)
Total agreement. To the best Star Wars movie (thus far).... :up:

the-empire-strikes-back-dream-poster.jpg

On NPR's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me, Rian Johnson, the director of The Last Jedi, was a guest. Pretty cool interview. I am wondering whether there is audio of it on NPR's website. They air that show twice in my area, Saturdays at 11 a.m. and Sunday (I forget the time because I almost always listen to it on Saturday :D ).

On NPR's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me, Rian Johnson, the director of The Last Jedi, was a guest. Pretty cool interview. I am wondering whether there is audio of it on NPR's website. They air that show twice in my area, Saturdays at 11 a.m. and Sunday (I forget the time because I almost always listen to it on Saturday :D ).
There's always a rebroadcast of Saturday's show (at least here) at 7PM on Mondays....

Here's the Rian Johnson segment:

We finally went to see The Last Jedi! The Star Wars movies are pretty much the only movies we go to the first run. We usually wait and go to the $2 theater that is near us. While we enjoyed it, I do not think it was one of the best in the series. Jeremy has read that Mark Hamil was not happy with the script.

We finally went to see The Last Jedi! The Star Wars movies are pretty much the only movies we go to the first run. We usually wait and go to the $2 theater that is near us. While we enjoyed it, I do not think it was one of the best in the series. Jeremy has read that Mark Hamil was not happy with the script.
I've read that as well, and I agree with him. :D I hope the next episode is better.

Oh, boy, I think I'm gonna retract my earlier excitement for Solo. Here's the trailer, and it's... well... not great.... :|

^^^ I agree. They changed the writing team, I think, so they must not have been confident it would make enough money with the original story.