The real price of game

W

winter.frost

Hi all,

Since eating a more conscious, ethically kind, diet I have met many people - including my partner - who ask the question but what about game? What about meat that isn't deliberately reared to be eaten?

When I am asked this question it is clear that the person doing the talking has this fantastical idea about woods, meadows, and moors naturally full of deer, grouse, partridge and the like all happily living out their lives without a care in the world enjoying their habitats as nature intended. Then, one fine day, unsuspecting, bang!, they are instantly shot did without premonition. So they live a natural and full life up until that moment. That is what these questioners believe.

But that is not the case at all. Game hunting is much the same as commercial fishing, in a way. It's just as destructive and there is a lot of by-kill. Nothing about it is the fantastical image people have in mind.

So I was very pleased to find in my YouTube feed, this morning, that this video is now trending - and that there is a UK parliament petition to go with it:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125003

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 👍
Reactions: gab
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Survey on plant-based, real, convenient Foods Products 2
beancounter New/Information Threads - Keeping it real Lounge 1
Lou News Fake meat vs Real Meat Health & Body 6
nobody Skinny Bob et al., real ETs Lounge 4
Hog Real Life Me General 1
nobody Love What's Real General 4
MagdalenaACat any interesting work with real vegans/vegetarians General 0
nobody Is vegan meat/dairy/eggs healthier than real? Health & Body 31
A Trying to transition, the struggle is real. Transitioning 3
Nekodaiden You're not a real vegan! / you're not vegan enough Relationships 2
D The only real necessity is the first line Support 3
Indian Summer Should online platforms have access to users' real identities? General Discussion 4
V Has anyone felt any real health differences after going vegan? Health & Body 31
shyvas Animal Rights Real Fur Labelled as Fake ! Animals 2
R Questions for dr michael greger on london real tv General 1
R Ban the unnecessary use and sale of real fur Animals 1
Calliegirl Space Sciences Travel Tips From a Real Space Tourist: Get Ready to Feel Awful Science & Technology 0
Bite Size Vegan Celebrate Freedom Like A Real American Hypocrite! General 0
Indian Summer News Nano, The Real Life Cat Girl Lounge 3
Wolfie Most "real" veggie meats for a kid? The Vegetarian Forum 10
Bite Size Vegan What VEGAN KIDS Eat!!! (With REAL Vegan Kids!) General 0
Bite Size Vegan Deadly Nutrition: The REAL Dietary Killers | Dr. Michael Greger Health & Body 2
Bite Size Vegan Real VEGAN KIDS Talk About Being Vegan! [A Video For Kids!] General 0
Bite Size Vegan Who Is the REAL Animal? A Look At Our Terminology (Graphic) Social Sciences & Humanities 5
Indian Summer "A real gentleman" General Discussion 6
Calliegirl 14 Vegan Cheeses That Will Make You Forget About The Real Thing Food & Drink 17
Mischief This is the face of individuals with real principles General Discussion 32
SummerRain How to tell if feathers are real? General 12
yakherder Real life "1984" style media editing General Discussion 49
Amy SF West Real Food Daily opens a location inside Los Angeles International Airport! USA 13
Amy SF 7 Mythical Creatures That Were Inspired By Real Animals Lounge 2
M US The so-called "boy crisis" isn't real General Discussion 213
IamJen Man Flu is real, says new study General Discussion 95
IamJen Children Do you know any other veg parents in real life? Relationships 53
D Does anyone here still use real film for photographs? Arts & Crafts 7
David3 Beyond Meat-Price Drop again! General 7
J Price of food Food & Drink 2
Andy_T UK West Shetland Island for sale for the price of a London flat.... Home & Garden 2
J Any tried and tested Vegan leather watch bands at a reasonable price? Products 0
S Product Frys vegan products currently 1/2 price at Ocado Marketplace 0
R The price General 14
Indian Summer The Weston A. Price Foundation The Vegetarian Forum 0
Health Instincts Game Changers Anyone? Lounge 2
Lou 5 Vegan Recipes-Game Changers Chef Charity Morgan Food & Drink 0
Vegan News Vegan Game of Thrones Star Jerome Flynn Speaks Out For Animals General 1
QualityGains Game Changers Movie Released Globally Products 38
Lou The Game Changers - new movie General 6
Grit Bakery Product New game-changing plant-based bakery Marketplace 6
beancounter NSFW The most stupid paid PC game ever sold on Steam Science & Technology 10
Indian Summer Software Butcher Goes Vegan - a free iOS and Android game Science & Technology 1