Animal Advocacy The Petition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell Kikkoman to stop animal testing!

www.peta.org/action/action-alerts/kikkoman-stop-killing-animals-for-soy-sauce-health-claims/

If any of you want to use Instagram for a little activism, I hope you can use a couple of Norwegian hashtags too, as they have a brand new account with few posts and their respons to critcis are blocking and deliting. But they can't do anything with the hashtags.

# kikkomat (mat = food) , # kikkoburger and # kikkokylling (kylling = chicken). They have some competion going on with the hashtags kikkoburger and kikkokylling. And of cause use # kikkoman

And a neighbor in my building who follows me on Facebook signed the petition, too.
Great, thank you. The Sheriff said they are going to charge her with 6 felonies, one for each dog. And they'll arrest anyone who goes out and feeds the remaining two dogs. It's amazing what you can get away with in a small town.

Hi, everyone!
I have many petitions! About 1000.

Can I upload a file with links?
I renew the file every day.
Using this link, you will see all new petitions. Here are only 65+ petitions, because I'm still collecting them in 1 file.

Last edited:
Petiton about so called "mulesing" on sheep in Australia (see RSPCA Australia's website for more info at What is mulesing and what are the alternatives? - RSPCA Australia knowledgebase )
Minister for agriculture and water resources: Ban mulesing immediately and mandate declarations
Sadly the majority of Australian sheep farmers, for the sake of short-term reduced effort and cost, copy John Mules, who in 1929, took one of his ewes which had suffered multiple breech strikes (genetically susceptible) and using a similar instrument to garden shears, sliced all the skin off her breech and noted the major damage he inflicted later resulted in a dry, wool-free, scarred area less attractive to flies. Mr. Mule’s method was approved and promoted in Australia in the 1930's and is still performed with manual hand shears or a sharp knife. Many farmers also skin the stub of docked tail as part of mulesing, but some have ceased since it causes cancer resulting in costly stock loss. Dr Auty referred to mulesing as 'partial flaying', while ANZFAS considers mulesing ‘a crude and barbaric substitute for good husbandry’ (which ethical farmers have proven). Dr Meischke noted many years ago that mulesing actually makes identification of naturally flystrike resistant sheep more difficult.

Depending on the age of the lamb or sheep, the pain of mulesing is equal to, or greater than, the pain of severe fly strike (Shutt, Fell et al). Sheep are 100% guaranteed to suffer severe pain during mulesing. No single sheep, even if susceptible, is 100% guaranteed to suffer any flystrike or severe flystrike. Mulesing does not stop fly strike on other parts of the body. Regularly wormed sheep are less than 10% at risk of breech strike. Some sheep die a few days after being mulesed. As correctly claimed by Dr Meischke et al, some sheep are naturally resistant so it's a painful & unnecessary practice.

Petition to sign and more info at https://www.change.org/p/minister-for-agriculture-and-water-resources-ban-mulesing-immediately-and-mandate-declarations

Status
Not open for further replies.