Animal Advocacy The Petition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some petitions were closed but up to date on the rest.

Petition · Keep Rick Broz as Lorain Animal Control Officer. · Change.org

My friends, my heart is broken. I was informed today by my FOP president that the union representing the Lorain city workers has filed a grievance over my ancillary assigned duties as animal control officer, claiming that it should be a city worker postion as it was the last time we had a dog catcher, nearly a decade ago I believe. So as of January 1, 2015, even though I have the support of the Mayor, Police Chief, brother police officers, the county dog warden and thousands of citizens, I will be returning to normal patrol duties and all loose or stray dog calls will be forwarded to the already overworked county dog warden In addition, I and other police officers will be forbidden from responding to and handling loose or stary dogs. Except of course for "vicious dogs" to which any inexperienced, untrained, fearful or uncaring officer may be dispatched and we all know the end result of that.
In the past two years, my battle to save these dogs in Lorain has resulted in over 200 dogs, many appearing "vicious", safely rescued from the street by me and more from other officers following my lead. We have also reduced dogs shot by cops from over a dozen or more each year to I believe, maybe 1 if any at all in 2014. In the first three weeks of my new duties, I saved nearly 40 dogs lost on the streets of the city.
So if you believe my efforts in behalf of our four legged friends is more important than union politics, feel free to contact the mayor of lorain, local union leaders, or anyone else you desire to voice your opinions. The lives of many, many dogs may depend on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.