Literature The Harry Potter Thread!

I read about that book yesterday. I'm looking forward to it.

Important Pottermore information:

The first few chapters of Chamber of Secrets are open.

I will let you know exactly how many chapters and how much new information is on there when I've explored it.

OK. It's the first 4 chapters. The other chapters will be released later.

No new information in chapter 1 or chapter 2. New information in chapter 3 and 4.

EDIT:

How to unlock the cupboard under the stairs in chapter 1 moment 1:

In chapter 4 moment 4 there is a hairpin in the blonde woman's hair. Collect that then go back to chapter 1 to unlock the cupboard and collect the things in there when you've collected everything in chapter 4.

tumblr_lu26g0AMpH1qhktmuo1_250.gif

tumblr_loka2xHUee1qlfuzwo1_500.gif

Reactions: Muggle
Anyway, I thought first discussion could be your favourite character and why?

they all count as one because the amount of information given about them constitutes maybe one person.

The Black Sisters. Narcissa, Andromeda, and Bellatrix. Inspired by the Mitford sisters, their trajectory basically mirrors the Mitfords. The one who went too far in with Hitler and went to prison for it, but never got over the 'fascist ideal', the one who ran away and eloped, getting caught up in left wing 'politicking', the youngest one who waited and married 'right' and became a Duchess. I am one of a set of three sisters myself, and despite the fact that she's absolutely insane, I relate to Bellatrix in someways, in how she talks to her baby sister Narcissa, terrorizes her into doing what she wants. She resents that she paid for the family sins and Narcissa didn't. Andromeda literally never appears, ever, at all in the whole series, some people don't know who she is at all. (Nymphadora Tonks' mother) This is why Half Blood Prince is the best book because it's basically all I get about The Blacks, besides the random one offs from Sirius. Bellatrix is the oldest, and in that I feel even more sympathy for her. She's the first pancake, so to speak. Her parents weren't very good people, obsessed with blood purity and status. She does what she's told by her parents and her pureblood society and meets a charming, charismatic, powerful man named Tom Riddle. She falls in love with him, with his power, with his vision of the world. He fawns over her, gives her special compliments, positions of power. You notice that she is the one of only two known female Death Eaters (the other being Alecto Carrow) and she's second in command. She has done everything right, she's done as she's told, she became powerful and a viciously proud supporter of what her parents would have wanted, and yet everything is so wrong. She's married to an absolute bore, if not something worse, she has had to erase a sister entirely from her life, which I don't know about you, but I could never do, even if she did something terrible, and her little sister is still considered better than her, in a million ways. The man she loves only keeps her for her magical power and her family's status, and could care less about what happens to her, even though she looked for him for years after his first downfall, and kills her own family members for him, she went to prison for him. For 15 years, which if she wasn't crazy before, she was certainly crazy when she came out. She's the very last Death Eater standing when Harry faces Voldemort, and I think that says something. Narcissa is interesting because she's in a very delicate position compared to her sisters, who really took the extreme ways out. She is not a Death Eater. In the end, or even before that, when she sees what they are doing to her son, she certainly gives up the ghost. She's the face that maintains The Malfoy's good name, even when Lucius and her son are involved with all kinds of bad things. She doesn't care about blood purity or anything at the end, she just wants to know her son is alive, and she doesn't even let Lucius touch him as they leave the Battle in the film.

wow that's a lot of text, isn't it? i have the dark mark tattooed on my left arm. the original one, from the books, not the one that looks like a sturgis tattoo from the movies. i wish JK rowling would just give us on marauders era book. i need more blacks, gaunts, marauders in my life.

I love it when people are obsessed with a certain character and know everything about them (not just in Harry Potter) because you can learn so much from them that you would have otherwise overlooked. I didn't know half of that stuff about the Black sisters.

I love it when people are obsessed with a certain character and know everything about them (not just in Harry Potter) because you can learn so much from them that you would have otherwise overlooked. I didn't know half of that stuff about the Black sisters.

yeah, The Blacks and The Malfoys and The Gaunts really got me when I got older. I also started reading a lot of fan fiction and 'following' Maurader era RPGs. When I was younger, my favourite character was Ron Weasley, because I see a lot of myself in him. He's too tall and awkward and rash and unthinking. I always admired Hermione Granger, and even believe that the series should be renamed "Hermione Granger & The Philosophers Stone" etc etc. She's the most vital of the trio, and she doesn't get enough due sometimes. She literally solves all their problems.

anyway some spam because it's great.

tumblr_m3ag00YCax1qahfowo1_500.png

tumblr_ln7zfpsbqK1qhd14co1_500.gif

tumblr_ma1fzbKV5c1qcbk34o1_500.png

this is the best manip i've ever seen:

tumblr_lxhueuPsCx1qc0dmqo1_250.gif
tumblr_lxhueuPsCx1qc0dmqo2_250.gif

tumblr_lxhueuPsCx1qc0dmqo3_250.gif
tumblr_lxhueuPsCx1qc0dmqo4_250.gif

tumblr_lxhueuPsCx1qc0dmqo5_250.gif
tumblr_lxhueuPsCx1qc0dmqo6_250.gif

poor Bellatrix.

hmmm two year old thread. coming back to say i'm most like Bill Weasley, or the cruel twin Fred. My favorite character(s) remain the same.