Animal Advocacy The French Retaliate Against Foie Gras Ban in CA

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I have just heard this on a French national radio. :mad:
There is a massive media campagne slamming the recent ban of foie gras in California. The journalist said it was ridiculous that CA had banned FG and that unfortunaltey other states may follow.
He went on to say that Foie gras is all about the 'L'art de Vivre à la Française', (translate that Americans do not know how to appreciate food !.) That is is also a part of French culture and even the Romans force fed ducks and geese.
He than stated that we shouldn't compare the latter to humans and it doesn't mean that they necessarily suffer when force fed !!!

I was so shocked that I immediatley sent him an e mail telling him what I (and many others)thought of his ridiculous statement !!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-french-are-retaliating-against-californias-foie-gras-ban-2012-7

Well, French businessmen, since Americans have such terrible taste, stop selling your torture food in all 50 states! That will show us, please start today!;)

Reactions: shyvas
Yeah but that's what I love about you... even if you decide you want nothing to do with me. :p

Reactions: Pickle Juice