Animal Advocacy Stop Foie Gras

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
As it is the Christmas and New Year time of year, the shops are stocked to the brim with this awful 'delicacy'.

I heard a radio show the other day, where the journalist stated that he didn't know what all the fuss was about further to anti- foie gras campagners petitions that are on internet. However, it is interesting to see that according to a recent poll carried out in France that 50% of people were against force feeding of ducks and geese.

Even when I was an omni, I refused to eat foie gras and think that it is the most cruel way that an animal is fed. They basically have a huge metal funnel stuffed down their throats and are force fed. They suffer with liver and heart disease and can barely breathe or walk.

http://www.stopgavage.com/en

Reactions: Amy SF
I don't understand people who defend foie gras. Either they don't know how it's produced, or they do and they don't care. They only care about "tradition" and their own selfish satisfaction in enjoying a "delicacy".

A restaurant here in Oslo, Norway is now taking foie gras of the menu from 2014. They have got a lot of negative feedback on FB lately, and turned quite fast on that subject.

An other restaurant "sells only 2 kg foie gras in December because some customers wanted it". But they getting a really hard time on FB now, with a lot of negative feedbacks and comments on their page. I hope they will turn to on that subject too!

Reactions: thefadedone