The First Daffodils of the Season

Wow! We're still at least a month away from that (and longer, as far as grass is concerned), even thoughit's been a very mild winter here - I've been finding moss on and off all winter.

I heard on springwatch last year (I think it was spring watch, may have been QI) that you can "watch" spring travel up the UK as the daffodils flower.

I bought some a while ago (cut ones) they were grown in Britain but presumably in a polytunnel. I love daffodils. I love all those flowers you associate with a time of year. It's like seasonal fruit and vegetables... it's really nice when you only experience something good once a year, brings back lots of memories.

Reactions: KLS52
Spring flowers are my favorites - everything from the early crocus to the lilacs.

There are carpets of wild violets here in the spring. I'm going to miss those, and the many huge old lilac bushes.

Lilacs are one of my favorites.

Every spring I decide I will plant daffodils in the unused planter area outside my bedroom window, then fall rolls around and I fail to plant. I'd also like to put a whole bunch of crocus in the other flower bed out front.

I was so excited when I was house-shopping and my house had three medium-sized lilac bushes and several peonies.
Unfortunately, the lilacs freaked out last year. After weeks of drought, we had a handful of cool rainy days and the bushes had a pathetic bloom. Idk if I'll get many flowers this spring. :(