Seasonal Allergies

500channelsurfer

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
We all love plants here, but a few times a year I am hit with terrible seasonal allergies (tree pollen, ragweed, etc.). Does anyone here have the same issues? Are there any effective natural remedies? There are a few days a year I become borderline incapacitated.

Living in Florida where there are things blooming all year, I have "seasonal" allergies all the time! Fairly manageable with OTC meds. I really don't know of any natural remedies but Google might.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
We all love plants here, but a few times a year I am hit with terrible seasonal allergies (tree pollen, ragweed, etc.). Does anyone here have the same issues? Are there any effective natural remedies? There are a few days a year I become borderline incapacitated.

I suspect that higher (edited from low) levels of inflammation in our bodies contribute to allergy reaction and so I googled it and found this article... I have no real basis to believe my suspicions are correct and so I would suggest further research on your part to prove or disprove it. I would consider eating less inflammatory foods etc during this time period and see if that helps at all (oils being a primary inflammation cause).

Is Inflammation At The Root Of Your Allergies? (An Integrative Immunologist Explains)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Last edited:
I feel you. I have to take otc allergy pills, some nasal spray and sometimes a flush. A pill in the am and generic Benadryl at night. I am still not right sometimes. I get all the bad allergy symptoms with dizzy sometimes. It is just awful.

When I ate mostly wfpb, no sugar,little oil, I barely had any affects of seasonal allergies with no meds. No asthma flare ups
I now put generic flonase on my list,but wonder if I could do it again?

This is interesting. I haven't used much nooch lately, I will start up again as I have a new bag!

WFPB was very noticeable in how my eyes feel. They've been so itchy and dry lately

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC