Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

It breaks my heart that so many evengelicals are perpetuating this disinformatiom about politics and about the virus. If, as they believe, Jesus was to return and ask everyone to wear a mask, I am confident they wouldn't believe Him either.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

It’s all about money. Some places of worship would rather stay open and put people’s lives at risk than switch to Zoom. It’s more profitable. But even from that angle, it’s extremely short-sighted. I’m sure there will be lawsuits from people who were lied to about the risks, attended services, and got sick.

Reactions: Emma JC
I don't know but maybe these are the kinds of Evangelicals that are looking forward to the Endtimes and the Rapture.

• Friendly
This graphic has been making the rounds. I was going to post it earlier but I forgot. and then I couldn't find it. but it came back today.
Unfortunately it's out of date.

View attachment 23126
Yesterday we went over 3000 deaths. which would put yesterday in third place.

I’m deeply horrified by the fact that, with 3,000 people dying per day, the outrage is being directed at the necessary precautions to prevent it from getting worse.

I might be repeating myself. I’m not sure if I was writing about that here or somewhere else.

But where’s the outrage over all the deaths? Why the complacency? Well, this is how atrocities are allowed to happen, as the historical record demonstrates, and as we’re seeing right now.

There is such a contrast between now and how mobilized the country became after Pearl Harbour and 9/11.

But even with 9/11, the focus on possible explanations tends to overshadow any kind of mourning for the people who died (including people who died of related illnesses later on). That’s understandable, but we should also be acknowledging the tragedy of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
London might have to move back to tier 3 which is the strictest tier. A neighbouring London borough to mine was the only area of London in the top 100 places in England with the highest infection rates (at 85th) in November. It now has the fifth highest rate, at 506 cases per 100,000.

I'm probably not going out anywhere apart from local shops or for walks until I get vaccinated.

My county has not reached the criteria to go into the next highest tier. Most of the surrounding counties also haven't but are going into the next highest tier as a precautionary move. But we are not. Our county's health director is a bit of a maverick. He said, "the power and authority to control this pandemic lies primarily in your hands, not mine."

• Informative
Reactions: Urban Gardener
Cuomo and de Blasio are warning of another city-wide shutdown. I think it’ll happen. Unless the vaccine distribution somehow goes faster than expected.

I had to travel to a nearby city as I had a hospital appointment yesterday. This involved catching 4 buses. I was appalled by a bunch of youngsters who boarded the bus and pulled down their masks and started chatting away. It seemed to amuse them that people were giving them dirty looks.
Other passengers didn't respect the social distancing and to top it all when I arrived at the hospital the secretaries weren't wearing masks and the waiting room was crammed with patients.

It doesn't surprise me that the virus is spreading with this kind of behaviour !

It appears that I *might* have a long wait, but as a resident of a long term care facility, which wasn’t included in the questioning, I believe I might get it a lot sooner than this thing said.
I can't remember where I heard it, and it might not have been about California, but you might be right after front line workers.

Well so much for our county staying open

SAN MATEO COUNTY, CA – San Mateo County declined to join five other Bay Area counties last week that preemptively enacted stay-at-home orders.
It no longer has that option.
Amid a coronavirus cases explosion and rapid decline of ICU capacity, San Mateo County has been placed under a mandatory Regional Stay Home Order. San Mateo joins 10 other Bay Area counties under tighter restrictions imposed by the state.

131289116_3490760511016270_2667947801702695165_n-240x300.jpg