Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

RSPCA-Coronavirus emergency appeal

Our Animal Rescue Teams, vets and nurses have been designated key workers.
Whilst most people are on lockdown, we're rescuing animals who have nobody else. Your support during this time
of crisis is more important to us than ever as our dedicated teams are being stretched to their limits

The airport is just down the road from my place. Such idiots!

Local police met the jet, which had flown from London, at Marseille airport and refused entry to the 10 people on board.

The airport is just down the road from my place. Such idiots!

Local police met the jet, which had flown from London, at Marseille airport and refused entry to the 10 people on board.

"..."they tried to make use of their connections, they made a few phone calls" before eventually returning to London on the jet, apart from one passenger who took a different private jet to Germany".
Rich people believe they can get away with any **** they are doing.😡

• Agree
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Another heartwarming story. It's so positive to a nearly 100 yr old man survive Covid.
I also love the fact that it is his grandson who is now looking after him.
Such a lovely man!

'Albert Chambers, a 99-year-old second world war veteran, has been discharged from hospital after recovering from Covid-19. Chambers, who will be 100 in July,
was wounded in the war and spent three years in a prison camp. He praised the treatment he had received from the NHS, saying: 'It couldn't have been better'.

What a great story... I enjoyed watching it. Thanks!:hug:

I don't have a mask.

I just went for a walk and saw a few people wearing masks. Some people had their masks around their necks rather than over their faces.:iiam: Maybe it's a fashion thing, lol.
I made a mask and am sure to have it with me, but if I'm outside, or at my desk where there isn't any people traffic, I keep it around my neck. If outside the aerosal is quickly dispersed, unless i suppose there are a lot of people. Where I am there is lots of distance outside

I made a mask and am sure to have it with me, but if I'm outside, or at my desk where there isn't any people traffic, I keep it around my neck. If outside the aerosal is quickly dispersed, unless i suppose there are a lot of people. Where I am there is lots of distance outside

While they were walking past me.

We aren't being told to wear masks here, they are saying that medical masks should be reserved for healthcare workers, not the public. Only two groups of people should wear protective masks, those who are sick and those caring for people suspected to have the coronavirus.

I just read that masks are not recommended for the general public because they can be contaminated by other people's coughs and sneezes or when putting them on or removing them, frequent hand-washing and social distancing are more effective and they might offer a false sense of security.

Wearing face masks...it’s controversial for sure. I will wear one if I have to go to a store or to our closing. This is what we are now being told...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is encouraging all Americans — even people who feel healthy — to wear cloth face masks or homemade face coverings in public when 6-feet social distancing is difficult to maintain in an effort to help slow the spread of the coronavirus. The new guidance, announced Friday, is a reversal from previous CDC recommendations that face masks need to be worn only by people who are sick with COVID-19, the or by those caring for someone who is sick.
From recent studies we know that the transmission from individuals without symptoms is playing a more significant role in the spread of the Disease, so in light of these studies, the CDC is advising the use of nonmedical cloth face coverings as an additional voluntary public health measure.

The CDC says its updated recommendation “complements and does not replace” instructions which call on older adults and people with underlying health conditions, in particular, to stay home as much as possible and to avoid others.

It's also important to remember to wash your hands often with soap and water (scrubbing for at least 20 seconds) and to stay home if you are feeling sick, health experts emphasize.

Face masks are “just one more layer of protection and the scale and scope of what we're facing, mandates that we take every precaution we can.”

I have seen people driving in their cars, *alone*, wearing a mask. Makes zero sense.

The reason they do that is to cut down on the number of times they have to touch it/their face. I hang it off one ear when driving and that way it doesn't touch the seat or console and I can use just one finger to put it back over my other ear and then I wash my face/ears when I get home.

Emma JC

The reason they do that is to cut down on the number of times they have to touch it/their face. I hang it off one ear when driving and that way it doesn't touch the seat or console and I can use just one finger to put it back over my other ear and then I wash my face/ears when I get home.

Emma JC
I can respect that, if that works for you. It wouldn't work for me. I'd be touching the mask all the time to scratch my nose or whatever or to pull my hair out of my face. I just prefer to keep my hands clean so touching my face is not an issue.

I just got a letter from TJX corporate. All employees are officially furloughed as of tomorrow. The "big wigs" are taking a pay cut. At least now we employees can apply for unemployment though that is a nightmare in itself.
Geez... What a story... :hug: I didn't know what "furlough" means, so looked it up. It's written there, that during the periods of furlough, affected employees may seek other temporary employments. Is that is what you're going to do? Can you rely on some temporary payments from the state while you are unemployed? Or is this a permanent furlough, and you'll have to seek completely different job? Sorry for stupid questions, but many people have a similar situation over here,- we call it "sokrascheniye" (literally: "cut off").😟

Geez... What a story... :hug: I didn't know what "furlough" means, so looked it up. It's written there, that during the periods of furlough, affected employees may seek other temporary employments. Is that is what you're going to do? Can you rely on some temporary payments from the state while you are unemployed? Or is this furlough permanent, and you'll have to seek completely different job? Sorry for stupid questions, but many people have a similar situation over here,- we call it "sokrascheniye" (literally: "cut off").😟

The furlough means we are temporarily out of work but not terminated. Employees who are furloughed can apply for unemployment benefits from the state government. This has been a problem since so many people are being furloughed. The system has been over run with applications and is behind on processing and awarding the benefits but it is there. It will just take some time to start collecting any money. I will apply and wait. I will get the stimulus check which should tide me over.

The furlough means we are temporarily out of work but not terminated. Employees who are furloughed can apply for unemployment benefits from the state government. This has been a problem since so many people are being furloughed. The system has been over run with applications and is behind on processing and awarding the benefits but it is there. It will just take some time to start collecting any money. I will apply and wait. I will get the stimulus check which should tide me over.
Got it. Sounds really messy.:hmm: Unghshu will be begging Sumerian gods so the things clear up for you. :hug: