Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I broke protocol today. I let my oldest daughter (not the one with children) come to visit. We kept our distance. Ordered Thai food. Worked on a puzzle from opposite ends of the table lol. We did touch the same puzzle pieces but our hands were clean.
I loved seeing her but now I will be nervous for two weeks hoping neither of us gets sick.

I broke protocol today. I let my oldest daughter (not the one with children) come to visit. We kept our distance. Ordered Thai food. Worked on a puzzle from opposite ends of the table lol. We did touch the same puzzle pieces but our hands were clean.
I loved seeing her but now I will be nervous for two weeks hoping neither of us gets sick.
You probably wore masks, neither of you coughed, and will both be fine. Glad you had a nice visit! :up:
How do you do puzzles with cats :kitty::cat::kitty:

Between the opening of bar and restaurants--now the protests--I'll be back to being much more cautious! Like holding my breath and keeping my glasses on with a mask!
I got a nice one from ebay of all places. I got a $5 coupon in my email and figured why not use it on a mask? It's a cool material, but thick, and shaped very well. I'd like to stick it in the fridge! Like 10 so cost me 5

Oh what food did you get? My favorite restaurant doesn't have any Thai selections without fish sauce- it's in the curries already. I really like to get curry out as I'm never sure I'll get it right. I should buy that Thai Kitchen red curry. It's dependable

Well, there's only 1 case left in New Zealand now, so in a few days we will have eradicated it from here.

Why do I have to keep complaining about how americans are treating the covid bug? (Almost) every other country has at least declining cases.

Fun fact: In Turkmenistan there are no cases and there have never been!

NZ is at an advantage, being such a small isolated set of islands dont forget :) plus we have had pur borders closed since March to most....

Oh what food did you get? My favorite restaurant doesn't have any Thai selections without fish sauce- it's in the curries already. I really like to get curry out as I'm never sure I'll get it right. I should buy that Thai Kitchen red curry. It's dependable

I love Thai food... the curries and also the cashew, tofu and veg dish i always order :)

Well not Nelson , mid North Island .But yes a quiet little town 😊

Definitely would be a different lockdown then :) at my local supermarket, the queues were a km long, they would go across the carpark and then snake up the road.... i tried my best to avoid these particular supermarkets during that time...

• Friendly
Reactions: Blues and Val
How do you do puzzles with cats :kitty::cat::kitty:
Funny you should ask. I tried doing one at my sister in law’s when we were there and it was a problem. I ended up giving up and putting it away. I think because there is more room for them to roam around here that, so far, they haven’t bothered it. I also have it on a piece of cardboard so I can move it around and it keep it out of their way. It’s only been a day though...we shall see lol.

I got the yellow curry and vegetable tempura again. Restaurants are different in how they prepare food. I had gone to a Thai restaurant with my daughter and her family a few years ago and was able to get Pad See Ew without fish sauce and egg. But when I had gone to a restaurant near where I lived they said they could not make the dish without the fish sauce and egg. They did have another dish they recommended though. I can’t remember the name... It was good but not as good as the Pad See Ew.

Reactions: Val and Freesia
Fun fact: In Turkmenistan there are no cases and there have never been!
That is not correct. That is propaganda, provided by Turkmen authorities. Even speaking of covid (as a fact) is prohibited in Turkmenistan, and it's forbidden to say that covid is a deadly disease,- it's being told that covid doesn't exist, and that it's a fake. People can get in jail for telling the truth, because it (the truth) causes discreditation of the government. Fun, isn't it? If i were you, i wouldn't be repeating random propaganda statements from overseas.

The US has plenty of propaganda too. Ideally, we should all be mentioning sources. "According to [source], [insert info]." That goes for me too. I can be lazy when I'm posting on a forum.

COVID is both under-reported and over-reported in the US (my opinion is that there is more of the former). According to our news outlets, the availability of testing can't keep up with it. The last figure I read for, "probably COVID but never tested," deaths in NYC alone was in the thousands. Simultaneously, at least one state double-reported some of its cases.

The US has plenty of propaganda too. Ideally, we should all be mentioning sources. "According to [source], [insert info]." That goes for me too. I can be lazy when I'm posting on a forum.

COVID is both under-reported and over-reported in the US (my opinion is that there is more of the former). According to our news outlets, the availability of testing can't keep up with it. The last figure I read for, "probably COVID but never tested," deaths in NYC alone was in the thousands. Simultaneously, at least one state double-reported some of its cases.
Sadly, over here, a lot of people are being tested for covid "post mortem" too.

I am so concerned that after all the protests in US and Canada, the last few days, there will be a lot more cases two weeks from now.

A big hug for everyone and hope that peace and health will rain down upon us all.

Emma JC

I am so concerned that after all the protests in US and Canada, the last few days, there will be a lot more cases two weeks from now.

A big hug for everyone and hope that peace and health will rain down upon us all.

Emma JC
They were protesting in Canada? Do you mean about the shutdown?
Here we've had protests across the nation against racial injustice. I'm all for them, and from videos, esp in Cleveland, people were wearing masks, and they were supplied by the groups sponsering the protests, but that many people....
I'm gonna go back to being more careful myself

Emma JC

People are literally risking their lives to protest.

There is so much wrong right now, and so much potential for it to get worse before it gets better.

My heart goes out to the protesters. I want to join them.