Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I believe it, Yang loves to attack my legs when I leave the computer room.
Yang needs active playtime. If you get him/her tired everyday, it should help. Using your bodyparts is not advisable. Do you have a feather toy or something similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Irene Adler and Val
A cat in Belgian has tested positive for the coronavirus after catching the potentially deadly bug from an infected owner, officials said Friday.

The sick pet in Liège tested positive after showing classic symptoms of COVID-19 — including difficulty breathing — a week after its owner first fell sick, health officials told a press conference, the Brussels Times reports.

While it is the first known infection of a cat, two dogs in Hong Kong have previously tested positive — with the first, a 17-year-old Pomeranian, dying after returning home from quarantine.

“The cat had diarrhea, kept vomiting and had breathing difficulties. The researchers found the virus in the cat’s feces,” professor Steven Van Gucht said Friday, according to the outlet.

No information was given on the conditions of either the cat or its owner, the Brussels Times said.

A Belgian woman from the Liège province has infected her cat with the coronavirus, reported the FPS Public Health during the daily update press conference about the new coronavirus (Covid-19).

above all details from the provided links...Belgian Times...Belgium Food Agency Authoritty and then finally reported abroad accurately in less detail by USA Fox News. More will pick up this news I am sure.

My comment is ? PETS OF SICK HUMANS CAN GET THE VIRUS is the message i read in these facts proven and tested by scientists.

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: Irene Adler and Val
This is outrageous: groups of "golden kids" (rich spoilt youth) are making outdoor parties on Sparrow hills (a park in Moscow), despite the quarantine. They are filming it and uploading to Instagram (it has been shown on the news this morning); they are making bbq and inviting striptease dancers to dance for them on tops of their trucks. One girl (who was filming) commented: "You said quarantine? Nah... haven't heard about it..."
If someone is interested about what this famous historical park is:
Oh, this is an interesting coincidence. I live on the 6th floor, but when i'm in bed and when the window is open (even when it's closed) i can hear everything that is going on under my windows, especially what people are talking about. Just about 5 minutes ago, i heard a conversation of 2 men (about 40y.o.). One of them was saying (about younger people): "You know, they'll be hanging out with each other despite the quarantine anyway".
I read statistics and watch the news every day (all of this is too much for me).🥴Meanwhile, in the last 24hrs, the number of confirmed covid cases has increased: there are 270 more (1534 in Russia, in total). Most cases are in Moscow. But there are 42 cases in Spb and 9 - in Leningrad area. These 9 are supposedly connected to that infected boy who was in my town's hospital. They say he had been brought from Tosno, but he could have infected other people from Kolpino. 8 people are dead. 1 dead man is from SPb!🤯 (He probably wouldn't have died if he hadn't had severe heart disease).
I watched some news today, and the correspondent was very surprised that Moscovits have taken this quarantine as vacations: Auchan grocery store is crowded, neighbourhoods are swarming with people (despite that most parks are closed), they are making bbq and socializing more than usual.😡

People, I have completed day 3 of this lockdown and I don't know how I will get through the rest of it, frankly. it is awful.
It’s funny for me...it’s not like I really went anywhere before this all started. But I at least had the freedom of coming and going when I wanted, short trips here and there. It’s amazing how much I took for granted. I’m glad that I can go for walks if I want. If I was unable to leave the house at all I don’t know what I’d do. The whole thing is so bizarre. I feel for anyone who suffers from depression. I would think this would make it a lot worse. It certainly doesn’t help my anxiety but i feel like depression would be worse.

I think if I were in my own house/town I would feel a little more secure. But even though I grew up here, I was away for 25 years and so much has changed. It feels strange and uncomfortable.

I wonder if I’m ever going to look at people the same again...like, will I ever go the grocery store and not fear germs? I don’t really want to be that paranoid person. I mean, some of the hygiene practices are good for everyday life. I always used the wipes on the shopping carts when the stores had the dispenser filled. I think that was implemented for the flu a few years back. I just wasn’t ever that afraid of getting sick like I am now.

It’s starting to get closer, too. My daughter has a positive case in her apartment building. My co-worker’s son in law has it. Luckily I haven’t been to work in over a week and a half. And now my other daughter’s mother in law is sick with cough, fever, shortness of breath. She has been in contact with the doctor. He does not want her to go for testing. She is in her late 70’s...I guess he feels it is safer for her/others if she stays put, as long as she doesn’t get worse. But she lives alone and I’m worried about her. I’m glad my daughter was strict and hadn’t allowed her to see the grandkids for almost two weeks. Initially I felt bad for her but it was a good decision.

I keep thinking that when I was sick a little over a week ago, that it might have been C19. I wish I could know for sure. I woke up that one morning feeling very feverish/achy/weak. My throat hurt and felt swollen, my nose was drippy but barely, no cough, but my chest/lungs were burning. It lasted a good 5-6 days. I just read an article that gave one man’s account of his experience with having the virus. His symptoms were pretty much classic to mine, except he ran a high fever. I don’t think I ever had one. He said everytime he took a breath it felt like his lungs were on fire. So yeah, I latched onto that and decided, hey...maybe I had it and did’t know it! LOL. I would love it if I did and was one of the lucky ones who was able to fight it off because I have such an awesome immune system, hahahaha. Yeah. I’m a nut. I always was one but C19 is making me worse. :)

I wish we knew for sure how long this is going to take for it to run it’s course where we can relax and start to resume some sort of normalcy. I want to go back to being spoiled so that I can go to the store when I want and see my friends and family when I want. I don’t like this.

Oh yeah, kind of gripe here...I’m sharing this tiny apartment with two grown men who really don’t share my attention to detail when it comes to keeping things sanitary.

It’s funny for me...it’s not like I really went anywhere before this all started. But I at least had the freedom of coming and going when I wanted, short trips here and there. It’s amazing how much I took for granted. I’m glad that I can go for walks if I want. If I was unable to leave the house at all I don’t know what I’d do. The whole thing is so bizarre. I feel for anyone who suffers from depression. I would think this would make it a lot worse. It certainly doesn’t help my anxiety but i feel like depression would be worse.

I think if I were in my own house/town I would feel a little more secure. But even though I grew up here, I was away for 25 years and so much has changed. It feels strange and uncomfortable.

I wonder if I’m ever going to look at people the same again...like, will I ever go the grocery store and not fear germs? I don’t really want to be that paranoid person. I mean, some of the hygiene practices are good for everyday life. I always used the wipes on the shopping carts when the stores had the dispenser filled. I think that was implemented for the flu a few years back. I just wasn’t ever that afraid of getting sick like I am now.

It’s starting to get closer, too. My daughter has a positive case in her apartment building. My co-worker’s son in law has it. Luckily I haven’t been to work in over a week and a half. And now my other daughter’s mother in law is sick with cough, fever, shortness of breath. She has been in contact with the doctor. He does not want her to go for testing. She is in her late 70’s...I guess he feels it is safer for her/others if she stays put, as long as she doesn’t get worse. But she lives alone and I’m worried about her. I’m glad my daughter was strict and hadn’t allowed her to see the grandkids for almost two weeks. Initially I felt bad for her but it was a good decision.
My big thing is not being able to visit family. I'm glad for FaceTime and the phone, though. We are just used to do so many things together. If my whole family got together, we'd violate the public gatherings rule, haha. I also missed a concert that got canceled because of the pandemic, but that's such a first world problem, lol. And to be honest, I've been on an economic austerity plan since getting laid off a year and a half ago, since as a freelancer, you can't really plan financially because of inconsistent income. So when I get a decent gig that pays me a nice chunk of coin, I basically have to save it for taxes or that rainy day when the work isn't as plentiful.

I do miss being able to move about freely. I feel guilty every time I have to go take care of my dad, though I'm taking proper measures to minimize my getting the virus and exposing anyone else. His breaking a bone and requiring surgery was bad timing!

I am worried sick for all the people in ICE detention. That's a perfect incubator for the spread of disease. All of those people need to be released, as well as everyone in prison for nonviolent offenses.
Agreed. Our governor has gotten pressure to release people in prison for lesser crimes and those who are in jail for minor offenses who simply couldn't make bail. I wish he'd do something about that. It's distressing.

My big thing is not being able to visit family. I'm glad for FaceTime and the phone, though. We are just used to do so many things together. If my whole family got together, we'd violate the public gatherings rule, haha. I also missed a concert that got canceled because of the pandemic, but that's such a first world problem, lol. And to be honest, I've been on an economic austerity plan since getting laid off a year and a half ago, since as a freelancer, you can't really plan financially because of inconsistent income. So when I get a decent gig that pays me a nice chunk of coin, I basically have to save it for taxes or that rainy day when the work isn't as plentiful.

I do miss being able to move about freely. I feel guilty every time I have to go take care of my dad, though I'm taking proper measures to minimize my getting the virus and exposing anyone else. His breaking a bone and requiring surgery was bad timing!
I think you’re ok with having to take care of your dad, especially if you’re going directly from your house to his. It’s not like you’re roaming about the state going from store to store. I think that was the issue with the East Lyme people. They don’t want NYers going to their second place of residence then running to Costco to stock up on supplies. I still have a “teeny” bit of an issue with that, but I am conceding the point, mainly because I think it’s a losing battle hahahahaha. :)

I am prepared to isolate for two weeks if I’m lucky enough to close end of April. At this point it’s worth it to finally be settled in a new place. I’ll make sure I have plenty of supplies before I get there. And my daughter can drop stuff off. I’m really not one who likes to go out anyway. I just want to be able to eat decent without too much sacrifice, lol. I always said, give me food and I’m happy! :)

Isn't there a letter you can get to carry in your car, confirming you have a need?
I have one from my employer stating that I work for an essential employer to show if I'm stopped. I feel I heard that applies for personal needs. Not at all sure, but maybe you could you contact your city hall if you're concerned?