Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Well my insurance company doesn’t cover vaccines at all. Or a bunch of other stuff. Then again the insurance company is dropping us at the end of the year anyway. No telling what we will get or how much more it will cost. Rumor says it could be about $150 more a month, in addition to the $300 a month I already pay in premiums for crappy insurance. 24 years with the company and I might be looking for another job.

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck in finding a new job if it comes to that.

You can always get insurance through the ACA. The premiums are income adjusted. The coverage isn't great, but it's a good interim alternative.

My husband went to get his Covid booster yesterday. The person giving out the jab was being annoying and checking he was eligible and then was saying that he couldn't get his flu jab at the same time as the official date for flu jabs for people aged over 50 is next week. In the end he got both jabs as he said he was my carer, which is partially true I suppose!

You would think the healthcare system would be encouraging people to get their vaccinations, not making it more difficult!

Monday night after I got my booster, I woke up in the middle of the night, my arm hurt so bad. then I couldn't fall back to sleep (which is not unusual for me) The next day I was feeling bad but maybe mostly from not sleeping. But last night I took an Advil PM, slept great, and I feel fine today.

I have such a bad feeling it's going to be a bad flu and covid season. All the precautions are gone
I do wonder if when the flu cases rise if people will voluntarily mask? I still see some, mostly elderly, people with masks. It will be easier in the cold weather, in summer it was so hard

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I have such a bad feeling it's going to be a bad flu and covid season. All the precautions are gone
I do wonder if when the flu cases rise if people will voluntarily mask? I still see some, mostly elderly, people with masks. It will be easier in the cold weather, in summer it was so hard

I certainly will mask up. I am one of those "elderly people" that still wears one in public indoor spaces. My lungs are still healing from pneumonia and a collapsed lung, and I can't afford to get any respiratory ailment.

Public health officials in my state are predicting a bad flu season, mostly because mitigation measures are out the window. I still wear a mask in indoor public places. They are also worried about some new variants in Europe that appear to evade the vaccines. Our positivity rate is hanging around 9.5 percent with the current omicron variants most prevalent. I suspect the rate is higher because of people who test positive at home but likely don't report it.

I went to an outdoor concert on Saturday and got stuck eating inside for lunch at a restaurant before the show, even though it was warm enough to eat outside. I was with my sister and two nephews, and they voted no for outside dining. Wasn't happy. We had to wait for a table, and we were told we could wait at the bar. I was like, no thank you. We waited outside.

Hope you guys will be ok this winter. I survived it because of NAC (which can have impact on moods so do not take it if you are on a psych med)
but regardless, NAC is a champion at clearing mucus from the lungs and throat, which is the main reason I am on it.. also it really helped the fatigue i have been getting all year.. It doesnt agree with everyone however and can have weird side effects. Also it smells funny...

Im also going to do a herbal anti parasitic cleanse soon as I read that gut health is good to guarantee good respiratory health.

CAUTION: Do NOT do any type of parasite cleanse or take any anti parasitic medication IF YOU ARE PREGNANT or TTC, maybe breastfeeding too.

But if you arent in any of these situations it can be a good idea. Even vegans can pick up the odd worm here and there.

Ive also heard that mullein is great for lungs, but have never tried it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Also, Vitamin C and Zinc also great for winter. Quercetin also good as a supplement but best not to take it if you have a problem with thin blood. Otherwise if can be very helpful, especially for people with thick blood or prone to clots..
and Milk thistle is a great liver clenser.

Im also going to do a herbal anti parasitic cleanse soon as I read that gut health is good to guarantee good respiratory health.
I do them every year as you can pick up parasites if you have animals in your house.

I did take NAC when I was very ill with fibromyalgia so I will go to google it.:)

I also keep the NAC handy, I don't take it every day but as winter approaches I will take it more often.

One of the people I work with (remotely) came down with covid over the weekend and she said this morning that she can't imagine what it is like for people who are unvaccinated as she is feeling terrible. Up all night.

Going to get my next shot soon for sure.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Hope you guys will be ok this winter. I survived it because of NAC (which can have impact on moods so do not take it if you are on a psych med)
but regardless, NAC is a champion at clearing mucus from the lungs and throat, which is the main reason I am on it.. also it really helped the fatigue i have been getting all year.. It doesnt agree with everyone however and can have weird side effects. Also it smells funny...
NAC----N-Acetyl L-Cysteine
I got that about a year ago to see if it helped my asthma. I can't say either way, but it did cause some weird thing, I think I felt light-headed? I really don't recall. I think I stopped more because of something I read against it.
I'll see if I can find it because I was all congested last night, and coughing a lot of phelgm. I think it's due to the things I'm working with now

yeh!! I had my bi-valent shot yesterday afternoon and I am fine, other than a sore arm. I did have a bit of a restless night but not too bad and was likely due to my arm more than anything else

I also picked up more of my favourite Vit C powder (Genestra Scorbatate) which has:
Each serving size (1/4 teaspoon) contains:
Vitamin C 1000 mg,
Calcium 45 mg,
Magnesium 37.5 mg,
Zinc 1.75 mg,
Selenium 12.5 mcg,
Manganese 1.25 mg,
Chromium 12.5 mcg,
Molybdenum 25 mcg,
Potassium 25 mg,
L-Aspartic Acid 6 mg,
Vanadium 25 mcg.
Other ingredients: Silica, citric acid.

Emma JC

Yes. Before the NAC I would have this stuff constantly running down my throat, like a tap ... that is what it is best for.. also I had fatigue and nausea too earlier this year and the NAC helped get me my appetite back and get me on my feet again. But some people dont like it, my parents said it didnt agree with them. It makes me a little hyper and jittery .. but good for energy I guess.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
heard from another friend yesterday, she also had it last weekend and now her husband does and he has MS and so yesterday received anti-virals as he is high risk - I am surprised at how many people are getting it - and then not surprised as hardly anyone is wearing a mask and the uptake on the bivalent is low.......

Emma JC

I am surprised at how many people are getting it
I am not. Our infection rate has still not come down to the levels of the third wave, back in the spring of 2021, never mind the background level from between the various waves. I think that, by now, most people I know have had it.

I hope that your friend and her husband are okay.