Computers The Everything Apple Thread

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I have an iPhone and I've been using Apple Pay, primarily at Walgreens and Subway, because I like the speed and convenience. I know there are others on this board who have an iPhone as well. I don't know if they take advantage of Apple Pay, but if they do, I ran across a current list of major retailers and apps that accept Apple Pay.

List of Major Retailers and Apps That Accept Apple Pay

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
I only just enabled Apple Pay on my phone so I haven't used it yet except to order something online. Thanks for the list!

I am probably going to get the new iPhone in a couple months. My phone is old and the battery does not hold a charge very well. I would be interested in using Apple pay!

Reminder: If you have iOS 10 on your handheld devices, you can now delete those preloaded apps you never use. I just deleted Keynote, Garage Band, and iMovie, and added some storage space on my phone! I might do the same with the Stocks and Numbers apps.

Also remember, if you delete an app, any app that's either preloaded or one you downloaded from the App Store and then change your mind or if you deleted it accidentally, just look for it in the App Store and download it again.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
Ever since I upgraded to iOS 10, my iPhone keeps autocorrecting apple to  VERY annoying. :rolleyes:

I see emoji's pop up for certain words in the suggested completion bar, but they don't actually auto correct to emoji's on their own, they simply present themselves as an option.

• Agree
Apple, smiley, good, bad, sad, run, walk, cry, cheers, lol, lmao, etc... I kind of like the feature, not having to swap to the emoji menu if I decide I want to actually use one.

• Agree
It's a new feature with iOS 10, and yes, it's convenient, but not when it autocorrects when I don't want it to. :p

Well, that's how autocorrect works on an Apple device. I COULD turn off autocorrect, but it's convenient to have for actual misspelled words.

As I said... Autocorrect on *my* Apple devices do not autocorrect with emoji's. They merely have emoji's in the word-completion bar so I can use them if I choose to. So, it's not just how it works on an Apple device, there must be something causing auto correct to insert emoji's in the place of words. Now I'm really curious, I will investigate further.

This should help....

disable-auto-correct-ios.jpg

The randomness of this seems to be quite interesting. For some people emoji's are shown in the predictive, and on other devices people say they don't see emoji's in the predictive at all. Then the smallest minority of people are saying emoji's are being inserted via auto correction without any interaction with the predictive text bar.. I find it to be pretty bizarre that it would be so random, and even more bizarre that there's no way to actually change the behavior other than turning off auto-correction and/or predictive completely. Which aren't solutions at all to have to disable entire feature sets that in and of themselves makes life easier, just to stop stupid emoji. There needs to be more detailed configuration options to address this. I have two Apple devices myself that show two different behaviors in regard to this. On the iPod Touch I'm not getting emoji's in the predictive text bar at all, on the iPad Air I do. I think if they were being enforced by auto correction as well as being on the predictive text bar I'd be a bit annoyed too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy SF