The coffee Lovers thread

I forgot Dave Barry-used to read his column when I got the Sunday Plain Dealer! Miss newspaper on Sun morning.
I think my mom turned me on to him when I was visiting her in Florida. But later I was happy to find that the San Jose paper had his column on the back page of their Sunday Magazine. I read some of his books and even saw watched the TV show they made for him.
Civet cat coffee-perfect example of animal abuse for humans greed . First time I heard of this was a story from Nat'l Geo I think, indigenous tribes would collect the berries and sell them to tourists in order to survive. Of course their way of life had already been exploited from colonization. Rich people saw the money in the civet coffee and now trap and cage them for profit :mad:

I just thought the article was funny. I hadn't given any thought about how they collected the poop.

I never had a cup of that coffee. Wasn't planning on it. And now I can safely promise I never will.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
I remember hearing something about this a while ago. Bizarre yet interesting.
There are a couple of lines that I thought were perfect.

We want to strike the lattespressacino people with our carry-on baggage and scream "GET OUT OF OUR WAY, YOU TREND GEEKS, AND LET US HAVE OUR COFFEE!" But of course we couldn't do anything that active until we've had our coffee.​
You know how sometimes, when you're really skeptical about something, but then you finally try it, you discover that it's really good, way better than you would have thought possible? This is not the case with Luwak coffee. Luwak coffee, in my opinion, tastes like somebody washed a dead cat in it.​

Reactions: KLS52