The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone SO let you sleep all night in a recliner? Mine does all the time and he jokes about it.
I can't imagine doing that, nor can imagine being a position where I'd need permission to do so, but my son does that all the time. He falls asleep in his chair. As a mom, it's an internal struggle not to get upset about it, but it doesn't seem to bother him so try to just shrug it off (it still bugs me though and I am always saying "Why don't you just go to bed?!). I mean, I seriously only just bought in a proper bed last year (he had an inflatable mattress before that and said it was fine, despite the offers to get a real bed & mattress multiple times). *sigh

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and KLS52
Thank you for the birthday wishes! Love you guys. :smitten:
And I’m very cranky, lol. I need to snap out of it.

Aww... hope you feel better soon... I know the feeling ((((hugs)))) :smitten:

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Yay. New phone today. So now it will turn it self on every time I try to use it! :D Luxury!
We've missed you! :jump::welcome:
You mean it literally shuts off when it's not used? I hear some cars will do that at stop lights :eek:

Congrats!💐
How is it called?😏
Thanks. :)

It's a Huawei P30 Pro. So just a bit newer than the other one. I love the camera so much, so I risk the Chinese spies for it! :D

We've missed you! :jump::welcome:
You mean it literally shuts off when it's not used? I hear some cars will do that at stop lights :eek:
Always nice to be missed!

If the screen was locked, I wasn't able to unlock it always. Special if it was cold. So I had to sit on it in my car, put it infront of the heather and such things. And struggled with the earplugs on it too... It was only 1.5 years old, but I use it a LOT, it's out in all type of weather and really live a rough life, so it's not so bad for a smart phone. :p

Yeah. My last Caddy at work did that. It's only to touch a pedal, and then the motor is running again. And you get used to it. Still, I didn't like it, so I always just pushed the pedal so it started again... :p

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
l wish I had beer I liked :lol:. I don't really like beet though, just the idea of liking beer.
Had the Beyond Italian sausage saturday- I had the gas too high and smoked up the house! Actually had to take the batteries out of the smoke detector to quiet it down. Don't think that's happened since we had meat :fp:
I need to plan a vacation, like rent a cabin at a state park

Btw. I have also applied at a new job now. :eek:
Wow! I've been in a real funk about mine--everyone in my dept is because of impending changes they didn't even ask for our input. Promoting another 'yes man' into same old same old mix of supervisors. Wouldn't want any new thought to get in the way :argh:
But...... I make good money for my field, and it's super convenient....I'll get over it

I wanted to give an "optomistic" but it isnt' there anymore! So :up:

Blin, it's 3.40a.m., i have to get up quite early (for my liking), but i can't sleep, despide that i have swallowed a Lipoic acid capsule.:fsm: I can't sleep because the wind has raised again! It's not just wind: it makes plastic windows vibrate.🌬 It blows right onto my face, so i'll have to close the window completely and sleep in dry hot air (because of the central heating).🥵

At the neighborhood Goodwill (thrift store) today, I was walking by the changing rooms. A man had stuck his head in one, and I heard him say to the woman in the room, "Honey, it really doesn't look that bad."

I am assuming that she didn't buy whatever it was she was trying on!

Day 9, and the little girl doesn't have a name yet. Emily would suit her, but I already have an Emily (cat). My sister likes Anneli for her, but for whatever reason, it's not sounding "right" to me.

She is doing much better with the halter than she did with a collar. Much less crazy pulling, and I don't have to worry about her injuring her neck.

I'm trying to break her of a good habit - she won't get up on furniture without a special invitation. That means when she gets off the bed at night, she whines softly until I wake up and invite her back up. I'm trying to let her know that, in this house, she doesn't have to wait for an invitation.

It's a Huawei P30 Pro. So just a bit newer than the other one. I love the camera so much, so I risk the Chinese spies for it! :D
I am going to need a new phone soon as my Pixel stopped getting updates the 1st week of December last year. I'm so sick of Google phones and their limiting their updates to 2-3 years that I'm ready to switch to something else. (I have Google Fi service, so it's made sense for me to buy their phones in the past.) I was considering that phone for the camera, but there's so much it won't support because of the ban. I've never in my life owned an iPhone (I'm an Android/PC/Linux person), but I'm saving up for the 11 Pro because of the camera, and well, it's just a really nice phone....

• Friendly
Reactions: Amy SF and Val
Status
Not open for further replies.