The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom said that she had some matryoshki at work (she still has), but impudent people had stolen a lot of inner parts (smaller matryoshki). Moreover, unfortunately, classical wooden ones develop cracks periodically (the combination of humidity and hot air because of central heating inside the buildings make them chap and split easily). Nowadays they're considered expensive souvenir production, and very few can afford them. I saw a lot of them during our trips (e.g. in kiosks at train stops). I remember taking photos of them in Tula, Kirov, Yeletz, etc., where they are cheaper than over here, but i have a lot of "more important things" to buy, and i would buy such a kind of thing only if it was a present for someone who desperately needs it (i don't know anyone collecting matryoshki though, lol).

That’s what happened to the set I brought back in 1976. There’s some cracking damage to the largest one, although admittedly I messed up by leaving the set sitting on my dresser in the hot sun for years. It’s currently still boxed up with the rest of my doll collection.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Happy Bdays KLS, Ptree and IS :party:

I rode a 100k gravel ride today, really nice weather and no aggressive dogs. About 75 people showed up so it was cool to meet some new riders, see old acquaintances and check out everyone's bikes.

Lol, still waiting for the storm to calm down. 🥴 SPb is flooded in some places, but not because of the tide (they closed the dam in the morning). Storm-water drainage is apparently not good enough. I want to go to the clinic again (to have an injection of B1 done) and then i'm planning to go for a walk and buy some groceries, but this heavy rain isn't letting me. The most interesting thing is that it's sunny most of the time.
This photo was taken an hour ago in "Murino" district. Not the scariest deluge ever, but a lot of cars now need repairs. Pretty, isn't it? They say that "New Devyatkino" district and "Civil Avenue" district are flooded too.
8uvkIALg28I.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.