The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last posts from anywhere from her are Nov 2018.
She last posted on FB in July of 2019. Two months ago, someone posted on her FB page asking whether she was O.K., and someone else said that, according to her Patreon page, she was O.K. but stressed.

i don't know what Patreon is.

I am considering whether to go back to bed or not...

I am listening to John Prine songs. I can't remember a particular song I really liked of his from a long time ago.

I hadn't even heard of him.:confused:

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
She last posted on FB in July of 2019. Two months ago, someone posted on her FB page asking whether she was O.K., and someone else said that, according to her Patreon page, she was O.K. but stressed.

i don't know what Patreon is.

A couple of YouTube channels I subscribe to use Patreon for funding. It’s sort of like GoFundMe for filmmakers and other creative people. Supporters donate something like $5/mo to keep the channel operating and so forth.

The Church of the Immaculate Conception - Bicester, disappointed me today. They were supposed to have Easter mass at 6:00 a.m. but they are still offline. *cries*

I’m going to try one in Ireland at 6:30.

I am considering whether to go back to bed or not...

I hadn't even heard of him.:confused:
It’s interesting as I hadn’t heard of him either. So weird. I might know some of his songs and just didn’t realize who the singer was. I’ll have to google to see what he’s famous for.

It’s interesting as I hadn’t heard of him either. So weird. I might know some of his songs and just didn’t realize who the singer was. I’ll have to google to see what he’s famous for.

If you have access to PBS Passport, they are rerunning an Austin City Limits from 2018 with John Prine. We watched it last night, it was a good time.

Happy Easter to all that celebrate! It is cloudy this morning and may rain later on. It is going to be very hot and muggy. I am going to my sister's for lunch. It will not be anything like any Easter in my whole life. :( I am now furloughed from work and it is so sad because today is my store's 28th anniversary. I have been getting a lot of group texts from co-workers.
I didn't know John Prine was so influential myself. I just remember his name from many years ago. There must be a particular song that really got me to remember his name all these years! I haven't found that song yet though. I am a bit baffled as I am not a fan of country music.

Found her's. Locked unless you pay.

I sent hubby out to do Uber eats. Tomorrow we are spending the day together. I want a growler, I miss draft beer.

I have been getting growlers from Central 28. I am glad they are still allowed to do the "to go" beer!

@Chryssie I saw John Prine for the first time at Wolf Trap in the summer of 1980. A guy I was dating took me to the show. I was astounded by his wonderful music and lyrics and was a fan ever since. I think I've seen him about a dozen times; he would come to Richmond every two or three years. I'm going to miss him.

Happy Easter, everyone. It's going to be a beautiful day here. E and I need to decide if we want to cook something "fresh" for a holiday dinner, which would require a trip to the store, or if we will eat from our supplies.

@KLS52 That old Easter egg ain't got a leg to stand on.

Last edited:
I want a nice light hefewizen and enjoy a nice day.
I have an interview for bartender at winery Tuesday. Training is not for two weeks. I hope when this is over I can get my interview for Feeding America nutrition education. That is a dream job, were I can really help people.

60cec437a3fd8475ab6f4d2274463ae8.jpg

Found her's. Locked unless you pay.

I sent hubby out to do Uber eats. Tomorrow we are spending the day together. I want a growler, I miss draft beer.
I have only four craft beers left from my last run to Tree House brewery. I'm trying to ration them, but I also don't want them to get too old, haha. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.