The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/afternoon y'all! It is cloudy this morning and will get very hot again today. The weather is going to change and be cooler tomorrow (so they say). I got an email from Publix today that they are adding contactless payments to their POS. This is a good thing! It is through their phone app and I will set mine up today. I have recently set up Google Pay. My Paypal debit card has the "tap" feature but my bank card doesn't have this technology. I think these are good things!
Today I am going to get some more dirt at Lowe's so I can replant my hibiscus. I want a few more flowers too. Kevin gave me some potting soil for my spider plant so I got that into a hanging basket. I want to get my little flower garden done. My tomato plants appear to be doing well so far. I may get a bell pepper plant.
This evening we will go get take out from Sweets-n-Eats.
My sister called last night and said that even though there will be no big family celebration for Easter this year, I should go over there. It will be just me and Fred and Lynda so it should be "safe." I am very sad about this situation because I don't see my son and the kids that often except for holidays. :(

I feel better today. I stopped taking my medication on the 1st April so the withdrawal must have worn off by now. It's such nice weather that I have my fan out.

It seemed a lot busier out on the streets and the roads today, must be because it is nearly the bank holiday.

:wave: Another cold, rainy day today. I don’t mind. We get so many warm, or hot, sunny days in Southern California throughout the year that a few days like today are welcome.

I barely touched the breakfast they brought me. There was bacon and sausage to avoid, always, and they ALWAYS put the bacon on top of the other food. Ugh, gross. The eggs were of course made from Eggbeaters which makes me gag, and the French toast was just plain terrible. I had orange juice and a cereal bar instead. At least I’ll be hungry for lunch, and if I don’t like lunch, I have some instant noodles in my cabinet. It might be a salad, though. They don’t know what else to give me, so I’ve been getting a lot of salads.

I’ve been trying to keep my mind off the sad, depressing covid-related news for my sanity. I’ve been watching YouTube videos and listening to music, and today I listened to part of an album that I finally bought today from Google Play (slightly cheaper than elsewhere) because I kept going back and listening so often.

Check out "Hilary Hahn Plays Bach" by Hilary Hahn on Amazon Music. Amazon Music1586457817878.png

It's only 5 hrs of sleep left... Unghshu's going to get up at 7a.m. and try and crawl to the pharmacy shop (that we always go to). I called it in the evening, before closing time, and a nice girl confirmed that they have what i need (she took some items and put them to the 2nd "window" for me, so i'll come and tell my surname and get my meds). I'm hoping to buy a lot more actually. I asked her if there are too many customers at 8a.m. these days, and she said: "Ah, no, almost none". ...Well, i hope she's right!!! I made a long list. Oh, i forgot to mention that it might become possible, because i got paid!:woo:
I'm actually not fooling around: vice versa, i'm doing my best to deserve this money and to show that i'm a good employee. As soon as we have to teach kids online now, i'm recording exercises (playing the piano, recording all this stuff on my phone, performing some additional "alchemy" on them with different apps and sending them to Annie, who uploads them into a group in "Whats up" messenger). Tomorrow, one more "haemorrhoids" for work is waiting for me.🙄 If it works, i'll tell you... Brrrrr.....
Anyway, the most important event for me is tomorrow's "hike" to the pharmacy shop. I don't really care if i spend the bigger half of my wages on medicines (including sage sachets, hehehe), because the situation isn't getting better, you know...
I had a walk today. Mom was calling me and yelling, demanding that i should put on my winter coat, because it was chilly. But i felt so hot after recording 15 pieces, that i never put on the coat, lol. People were wearing winter coats though. Btw, my COPD exacerbation will be gone very soon.
Today's walk at sunset:
My favourite road. My dad used to call it "Cats' road", because there were a lot of stray cats in the past, dwelling in the basements of these 2 houses, and on sunny days, they were taking sun baths in the middle of the road.
IMG_20200410_005347.jpg

Machinery plant avenue's end that becomes the pavement of Defence bridge and leads to Mokkolovo peninsula.
IMG_20200410_005452.jpg

At the river arm.
IMG_20200410_005644.jpg

IMG_20200410_005916.jpg

The same place.
IMG_20200410_010129.jpg

On my way back. I actually never go back,- i always make circles. Mountains taught me this rule. The same rule is applicable to life in general, i guess.
IMG_20200410_010551.jpg

Next to my home and the bus station.
IMG_20200410_011314.jpg

IMG_20200410_010831.jpg

Took this picture from our 2nd balcony. It's blurry, but it's a full moon, and it was a spectacular view IRL.
IMG_20200410_010634.jpg

I found an iPhone in the middle of a busy road on my ride into work today. The screen was too badly damaged to reach one of their contacts or answer the almost non-stop calls, but eventually the owner was able to trace it to my workplace and I got it back to them.

Amy, they are supposed to go by your preference within reason. It is resident rights. State could be called if they keep trying to feed you meat products. They could get in big trouble.

I’ve been fighting with them since I moved in. Part of the problem is the constant staff turnover in the kitchen and dining room. With a constant stream of new people, they all have to be reminded of my diet. After nearly three years, we finally got a veggieburger on the regular menu. I don’t know which one it is since there are so many out there, but it’s edible. I rejected the roast beef, I think, they’re offering for dinner tonight, but I’m waiting for the veggieburger they’re making for me.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is cloudy this morning with a front expected to bring some showers and cooler temperatures. I have planted some more flowers and I hope they survive. I buy the poor little clearance ones that look very sad and neglected. I have had pretty good luck with them though and it saves a bunch of money. I also got a bell pepper plant. I have put the tomatoes and the pepper in the ground this time instead of pots like I have done in the past. We shall see how this works out!
Today is laundry day!

I’ve been fighting with them since I moved in. Part of the problem is the constant staff turnover in the kitchen and dining room. With a constant stream of new people, they all have to be reminded of my diet. After nearly three years, we finally got a veggieburger on the regular menu. I don’t know which one it is since there are so many out there, but it’s edible. I rejected the roast beef, I think, they’re offering for dinner tonight, but I’m waiting for the veggieburger they’re making for me.
That’s just terrible. I would have thought California would be in the forefront for accommodating special diets. Sorry you have to deal with that. It sounds really hard. :(

It's only 5 hrs of sleep left... Unghshu's going to get up at 7a.m. and try and crawl to the pharmacy shop (that we always go to). I called it in the evening, before closing time, and a nice girl confirmed that they have what i need (she took some items and put them to the 2nd "window" for me, so i'll come and tell my surname and get my meds). I'm hoping to buy a lot more actually. I asked her if there are too many customers at 8a.m. these days, and she said: "Ah, no, almost none". ...Well, i hope she's right!!! I made a long list. Oh, i forgot to mention that it might become possible, because i got paid!:woo:
I'm actually not fooling around: vice versa, i'm doing my best to deserve this money and to show that i'm a good employee. As soon as we have to teach kids online now, i'm recording exercises (playing the piano, recording all this stuff on my phone, performing some additional "alchemy" on them with different apps and sending them to Annie, who uploads them into a group in "Whats up" messenger). Tomorrow, one more "haemorrhoids" for work is waiting for me.🙄 If it works, i'll tell you... Brrrrr.....
Anyway, the most important event for me is tomorrow's "hike" to the pharmacy shop. I don't really care if i spend the bigger half of my wages on medicines (including sage sachets, hehehe), because the situation isn't getting better, you know...
I had a walk today. Mom was calling me and yelling, demanding that i should put on my winter coat, because it was chilly. But i felt so hot after recording 15 pieces, that i never put on the coat, lol. People were wearing winter coats though. Btw, my COPD exacerbation will be gone very soon.
Today's walk at sunset:
My favourite road. My dad used to call it "Cats' road", because there were a lot of stray cats in the past, dwelling in the basements of these 2 houses, and on sunny days, they were taking sun baths in the middle of the road.
View attachment 20460

Machinery plant avenue's end that becomes the pavement of Defence bridge and leads to Mokkolovo peninsula.
View attachment 20461

At the river arm.
View attachment 20462

View attachment 20463

The same place.
View attachment 20464

On my way back. I actually never go back,- i always make circles. Mountains taught me this rule. The same rule is applicable to life in general, i guess.
View attachment 20465

Next to my home and the bus station.
View attachment 20466

View attachment 20467

Took this picture from our 2nd balcony. It's blurry, but it's a full moon, and it was a spectacular view IRL.
View attachment 20468
I always do circles, too, when I walk. I don't like a plain up-and-back walk, either. :) Nice pics, as always!

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Status
Not open for further replies.